Author Topic: New at this...  (Read 855 times)

Offline Grace's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 142
  • Oh Trader Joes, How I Love You
New at this...
« on: September 07, 2006, 18:21:36 pm »
DD is 5 months old and has been on solids for about 1 week or so now.  We are only giving it to her once at day at 4pm, 1 hour after her bottle.  We have tried pears and yesterday day we gave her sweet potatoes. 

My question is where do we go from here....is there a particular order we should try things?

When do you move them to eating solids 2 or 3 times a day? 

Feeding schedule....
7am 5-6oz bottle
11am 5-6oz bottle
3pm 5-6oz bottle
4pm 1-2 tbs full of rice cereal mixed with pears or sweet potatoes
6:15/7pm  7-8oz bottle
no Dream Feed
4oz bottle at 5am sometimes.

Thanks.
Melissa
I am so in love with my husband and adore my precious Grace

Grace April 2006
Blog: http://graceadelyn.blogspot.com/

Offline linfran

• Showing Appreciation 149
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 20:24:42 pm »
My lo is 7 months and has been on solids since 15 weeks (18lbs, on medical advice when 40oz of milk didn't feed him!).

I was advised by hv to start with things like baby rice, then fruit and veg but avoid citrus and also gluten (before 6 months).  I introduced a new one each week but did it at lunchtime so if he was going to react badly to it it was during the day and not at night (why go looking for trouble!!).  We've tried carrot, turnip, caulflower, broccoli, sweetcorn (nice nappies with that one!), peach, apple and plum (but mixed these with baby rice as they are pretty sharp tasting - and the only thing he didn't like was banana.

I do the old ice cube thing with his fruit and veg so there's plenty there if he doesn't like something, and he has baby porridge or rice cereal for breakfast.

He's now at the nursery where they cook fresh meals on the premises so he's now tried meat/chicken and potato, pasta, cheese and fromage frais.

I guess it's a case of taking your time and trying different stuff.  I went from just one lunch meal to lunch and dinner when he started weanting fed more during the night - same with adding breakfast. 

Offline legend_018

• Showing Appreciation 21
  • I love bath time!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 20:15:58 pm »
Hello. My daughter is 5 months old too. You probably saw my thread. I just became a member today.
I was eager to get started but at the same time wanted to take it slow. I slowly increased and have been steadily giving her 1 tablespoon of oatmeal in the morning mixed with forumula and 1 to 1/2 tablespoons of rice cereal at night mixed with forumula. I had read to keep them on the cereals first before introducing anything else. I'm thinking about introductin some single grain veggies and some fruits now to go along with the cereals plus eventually increase the cereal. It's kind of confusing sometimes "lol". I might not introduce anything else until she is 6 months of age though. I don't know yet. for now I'm sticking to the same schedule that I've been doing for many weeks now.

Chayse was born March 28, 2006
Chaunda was born August 13, 2007

Offline Grace's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 142
  • Oh Trader Joes, How I Love You
Re: New at this...
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 22:18:47 pm »
Thanks for the advice.

-Mel
I am so in love with my husband and adore my precious Grace

Grace April 2006