Author Topic: normal for her to hate everything?  (Read 1265 times)

Offline bethann

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 40
normal for her to hate everything?
« on: September 08, 2006, 02:25:15 am »
my lo is 6 mo- (ebf)- i tried to feed her rice cereal mixed w/ breast milk two weeks ago.- she spit everything out. i tried again the next week, same thing- i waited another week- same thing, and again last night and today.  i also tried some peaches- and some pears and some bananas- nope. hated it. is she just not ready? probably the OBVIOUS answer, but is it normal for her to hate everything?

btw: she's on a perfect 4 hour EASY starting at 7am. i've been trying to feed her the solids at 6pm before her 6:30 bath- and bf @7- bed@7:30.

thanks
{mom to abigail 3.13.16, caleb 4.14.07, and anna noelle 12.04.13}

Offline JennŠ

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Re: normal for her to hate everything?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 02:26:46 am »
Is she just not over the gag reflex yet? 
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline bethann

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 02:28:43 am »
no- she doesn't gag- (except when i tried the peaches- but it was more like a sour face than a gag).  she just smiles and spits it out. and spits it out until its all out of her mouth. she's hilarious. and she doesn't try to suck on the spoon- maybe bite it a bit cause she bites everything...

Offline Peek-a-boo

• Showing Appreciation 326
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 02:55:59 am »
My little one wasn't very excited about solids when we started.  It helped when we stuck to mild things--apple sauce, pears, and rice cereal with a little pears mixed in.  What helped the most though was what Tracy suggests in her book--stick with it, same time every day.  Tracy suggests breakfast (I think) so any upset tummy from new food won't affect sleep.  I found that once I started offering food at the same time every day, my lo slowly came to expect it and accept it.  He still doesn't eat a lot and doesn't eat a very wide range of foods, but offering it to him consistently has really helped. 

Offline bethann

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 02:58:12 am »
alright- that's a good idea. that should work with her- i'll just be consistant! thanks!

Offline TJ & Stephy's Mommy

• Showing Appreciation 17
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 02:59:54 am »
I don't think babies hate everything, I think they just have to learn to get use to the new tastes/textures, etc of the solids being introduced.  

When I started to feed my DS baby cereal with BM, he also would spit it out and give me a sour faced look every time I tried to get him to eat the cereal.  After a week, I tried again and then again, even mixing with formula.  DS did not like the baby cereal.  Finally, I tried mixing the baby cereal with water instead of BM or formula and he finally ate it.  Not sure why it has to be water but he will only eat it that way.  Even when I mix the baby food (jar or homemade) with cereal I have to mix it with water.

Try mixing the cereal with formula or water, maybe that might help you LO eat the baby cereal.

HTH
Mel

Offline bethann

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 03:06:36 am »
i've tried formula- no difference, but haven't yet tried water- i'll give it a shot...