Author Topic: Question about 21 week old schedule  (Read 6265 times)

Offline Khalam's Mama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 123
Re: Question about 21 week old schedule
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2013, 12:58:28 pm »
Yes I would do that for both A.

Offline destina23

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2013, 16:22:57 pm »
Wow.  Could he really be up that high already in A time?  ;)

I didn't see post this AM so I put him down 2:20 after waking.  He woke 35 min later.  Happy and cooing in his crib.  So undertired despite time.  Seems if he's overtired he'll let out a cry when he wakes during transition time. 

This AM he woke at 6!  No 5 AM waking!  I helped him resettle so we could start the day at 7.  My guess is that he resettled because he's so used to me doing it not because he was tired so I might have done something wrong for him by not starting day at 7.

What do you guys think?

I feel like we are so close to fixing this. :)

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2013, 19:27:00 pm »
Typical A time for a 5.5mo (he's about 23wo now right?) is 2hr15-2hr30 so he is bang on what we would expect really. And those are just averages so some LOs are doing more and some are doing less. I think he is telling you he could handle a touch more.

Yes, I would have resettled until 7 if I could.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline destina23

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2013, 23:34:01 pm »
Oh my goodness.  Yes!  23 weeks and 24 weeks Tuesday!  I think he's just ready for the A time and I was to afraid to push it!  Funny thing is my first son was at first a babywise baby.  At 5 months we switched to babywhisperer and he had switched using the never done easy routine to start in the book and though I only started at 2 hours waketime I was doing it wrong and putting him down at 2 hrs.  He was an angel and took the 15-20 to fall asleep so I was lucky that my mistake on time worked.  It's actually crazy how different the babywise waketimes are. Much less.

I think with baby #2 he is fine with a quick 2 minute routine and then he falls asleep within only 1-2 minutes!! So I think this factors in.

Ill try and push 2:25 waketime tomorrow but because we celebrated Easter today he might not handle well.  Long day!  Lots of AP parenting.

How did you handle naps outside the house?  My first wouldn't really do it till close to a year. I only got 45 min naps with him before that.

Offline Khalam's Mama

• Showing Appreciation 123
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2013, 07:49:22 am »
I did have to be a bit more relaxed outside but mine always slept quickly in buggy/car. I tried to time travel with naps or went for a quick walk around the block if necessary. We use a snooze shade to help keep it dark.

Offline destina23

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2013, 14:48:48 pm »
Thank you both!  I put him down 2:25 min since waking. He fell asleep 2 min later.  He's a short routine baby.  As soon as I walk upstairs he starts the burrowing in my shoulder to start to sleep. 

So he woke 30 min into this nap.  Very fussy.  So it seems OT'd. I tried to give him time to fall back but didn't work. I sshd him back. I was able to so that tells me must be OT. I'm guessing since just 5 min less gives us UT'd that he should adjust to this new time quickly?

In the meantime how much to shorten second waketime?  Or do I just go by cues?

Thanks!:)

Offline destina23

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2013, 15:11:56 pm »
Besides how much to shorten awake time after short nap when do awake times start to matter less?  I feel like I'm constantly chasing them.  ;-) is it when they are closer to 10 & 2 naps?

Offline *Ali*

• Forum Moderator
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2013, 20:53:40 pm »
I found I had to Horton awake times by 20-30 minutes for a 30-45min nap, perhaps a little more if already OT.

I think it depends on the LO as to when A times become less important. I was going to say when they move to one nap actually. It could be earlier if LO is less susceptible to OT earlier in life. Sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear though.

Offline destina23

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2013, 21:08:37 pm »
I really must have had an angel baby first!  Though he seemed to be better adapt to a more scheduled time once he was able to stay up for 3 hours at a time.

Had to take baby to dr today after a 40 min nap (sitter put him down too early at 2:20 min) and amazingly he didn't  fall asleep till 2:15 after waking and slept an hour while out!

Hoping the push to 2:25 wake will help!

Offline destina23

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2013, 14:45:19 pm »
Update.  :)

I put him down 2:25 after waking and it took him about 7 min to fall asleep.  He wasn't crying.  Just settling.  Unfortunately he only slept 1:08 min. :( could he really need more A time? Should I just keep this time for another day or 2? He's 24 weeks today.  What's going on?  :)

Offline *Ali*

• Forum Moderator
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2013, 18:18:57 pm »
Yes I would stick with the A time for a few days to give his body time to adapt. Then if need be ypu can think about adding another 5 mins on. These are not long A times you are doing hun. They are middle of the typical range so yes it is certainly possible he could need a touch more. But as I said give his body time to get used to it before you up the A time again.

Offline destina23

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2013, 20:15:22 pm »
Been having to resettle at 30 min but getting longer naps.

1:30 first nap and 2:00 sec.  Probably just doing 6 pm bedtime tonight since a late catnap didn't work yesterday.  Looks like my guy likes a full A before BT.

I looked at the chart for A times and it said 2:25-2:30 for his age right?  He's 24 weeks.  Looks like he's slightly above that.

I'm putting him down 2:25 after waking.  He's falling asleep within 3-5 min.

Thanks!!!

Offline *Ali*

• Forum Moderator
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2013, 20:29:02 pm »
Typical A time for a 5.5mo is 2hr15-2hr30 so he is bang on what we would expect really. And those are just averages so some LOs are doing more and some are doing less.

Offline destina23

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2013, 22:18:46 pm »
Can you tell I can't believe he can stay up so long so young?  First and second babies can be so different!

:)

Thx!!

Offline destina23

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2013, 22:32:27 pm »
Just realized why I've been so confused with waketimes.  When I've been saying I put him down 2:25 min after waking I actually mean 2 hrs and 25 minutes after waking.  I see on the average A board it's listed as 2.25-2.5 for his age.

That's why I've been so confused!  I was taking 2.50 to mean 2 hours and fifty minutes.  Not 2 1/2 hrs.