Author Topic: Feeding/Sleeping Question  (Read 892 times)

Offline fatgirl

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 17, 2006, 18:52:49 pm »
Hi all,

I may be worrying over nothing, but our dd is 3 weeks on Sunday and I'm a bit concerned that she's not taking her full quota of feed.  She was due on the 18th August, but was born on the 30th July weighing 8lb 7oz (so she wasn't premature in that sense).  Anyway, she is an absolute star during the day and goes 4hrs and takes about 2.5oz to 3oz of feed, she sometimes has to be woken for her feed.  However, come 7pm'ish she only takes a couple of ounces, won't settle afterwards and seems to have a bit of wind, she then wakes during the night every 2.5 to 3hrs and will only take a couple of ounces and again is more difficult to settle.  During the day she'll take her feed and go off to sleep whilst having her bottle and I have to change her halfway through to get her to take a little more of her bottle.  I can't make her take more feed and I can't keep her awake more during the day because she goes right off to sleep.  Is it too early to try and sort out some kind of routine and should I wait until she's a few weeks older?  If I should be trying to get into a routine now then how on earth do I do that?

Any help would be most appreciated - I'm getting so tired from not having any sleep during the night it's untrue.

Thanks,
fg
x

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Feeding/Sleeping Question
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 19:52:50 pm »
Hi fg, {{hugs}}} welcome to the boards. ;)

Your Lo falling asleep mid-feed is pretty normal at this age and by the sounds of it your doing the right thing by changing the nappy to wake her up again to feed.

When I was in hospital the midwives told me to stip Calum to his nappy to keep him more awake or rub his palm. 

You can start the routine as early as you like, I am not sure if you have seen the FAQ's in the EASY boards https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?board=82.0 ??? in particular;

S.L.O.W. down (and Appreciate your Baby's Language)
Getting started - how I survived the first 3 months
What is EASY?/ The benefits of using EASY
Starting EASY with a newborn-What to Expect
***HOW TO START YOUR BABY ON EASY***

You can also find EASY logs to download, routines and information on the 5 temperaments a baby can adopt (may be a bit early for you to decide yet)

I would also suggest putting her on a 3hr EASY to start with and she how she goes.

Lauren
Lauren x