Author Topic: confused!  (Read 849 times)

Offline CJF

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
confused!
« on: August 21, 2006, 18:30:15 pm »
ok, i am confused!!  ???   ( i am not sure where to post this--i will post it here since we are primarily bottle feed. i bf at bedtime, during the night (if any) and first thing in the morning.  ds gets bottles the rest of the day).  my little guy seems to always be hungry.  i cannot get his feeding schedule consistant...his naps neither, but that is another post.  he is 4 months and a big guy.  he was 14 pounds at his 2 month check up, so i am guessing he is at least 16 or 17 punds by now ( we go for another check up next monday so i will know for sure then). but he seems to sometimes go 4 hours between feeds and other times 2 1/2 or 3.  i suppose it could be a growth spurt but this has been going on for a while.  i thought today we had it licked...every 4 hours.  i didn't worry too much before because i was (and still am) breastfeeding and formula feeding and i thought the inconsistnecy was due to that. 
for example, today he woke and bf at 6:00am then had a bottle (6 oz.) at 10:00am  and then was hungry again at 12:30 and drank another 6 ounces!! :o  we will see how the rest of the day goes from here...
does he need more ounces in his bottle?  i thought 6 was pushing it.  i know it is early to start cereal, but does he need more "food" in his diet?
thanks for your thoughts!!!!
Carolyn
Mommy to :
Emily 4/14/04
Joey 4/20/06

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: confused!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 18:54:36 pm »
Hi Carolyn,

If you are finding that he is draining his bottles, it might be time to up the bottles by 1 oz each.  By 4 months my DS was on 4 x 8oz bottles a day and was leaving about half an oz in each bottle. 

With regards to introducing food.  The guidelines suggest that you do not introduce solid foods to byour babies diet until at 6 months. 

HTH

Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline CJF

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 19:04:58 pm »
yeah, that is what i thought.  i will have to add more oz. to his bottle and wait on introducing solids. 
thanks
Carolyn
Mommy to :
Emily 4/14/04
Joey 4/20/06

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 19:06:04 pm »
Let us know how you get on.

Paula x