Author Topic: 10 month old wakes every hour and a half  (Read 1635 times)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 10 month old wakes every hour and a half
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 06:38:06 am »
Great she's going well with the 4hr in the morning. Are you wanting to bring the wakeup in the morning later? If so, you may find having a 'morning nap no earlier than' time, so that you're discouraging the waking early, though if she's in bed for the night at 6, 5:30 isn't a bad wakeup time, with an 11.5hr night.

At this stage of the transition, you can sort of adjust your PM nap to lengthen/shorten your day to get you to a reasonably set bedtime if you want to.

All these options are possible, just wondering what you're wanting to aim for, as there's a lot of explaining for the various options :)

Is she teething at all? Just wondering if those wakings early on in the night are more likely pain or a touch of OT. How recently have you started the 4hr A times and did you do it gradually?

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: 10 month old wakes every hour and a half
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 14:48:21 pm »
OK, great work on the A time. 
There are some sample routines here: chronological EASY samples, 10-12 months if they help.

I'd say 14 hours is probably a good goal -- I'd say 11 hours nighttime sleep + 3 hours daytime sleep.  Right now we have to figure out how to get her sleeping later in the morning since 5:30 is a pretty awful wake up time.  Is she waking from the second nap herself or are you waking her.  I wonder if we could use that to push BT later and get a later morning. 
The self-settling is awesome!