Author Topic: Going back to 4 bottles?  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Jenny_Jen

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Mommy to Hayden, Born April 9th, 2006! 6 lbs 7 oz!
Going back to 4 bottles?
« on: December 05, 2006, 14:49:10 pm »
For a few weeks my DS dropped his midmorning bottles, then over the past 5 days he's been waking 2x a night for a feed which he hasn't done in months, taking full 7 oz bottles when he wakes, usually he only wakes once.  So yesterday I reintroduced his midmorning bottle again & he only woke once last night for a feed.

Is this a growth spurt or do some babies drop bottles & go back & forth?  He is still eating 3 solids meals a day but his bottles confuse me.

Also he will only take his midmorning bottle, laying on the floor watching TV with me holding the bottle for him, is it normal for them to have preferences to where they eat??  He refuses the bottle if I'm holding him in his room which is normally where I feed him his bottles because distractions always bothered our feeds.

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Going back to 4 bottles?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 15:26:57 pm »
For a few weeks my DS dropped his midmorning bottles, then over the past 5 days he's been waking 2x a night for a feed which he hasn't done in months, taking full 7 oz bottles when he wakes, usually he only wakes once.  So yesterday I reintroduced his midmorning bottle again & he only woke once last night for a feed.

Is this a growth spurt or do some babies drop bottles & go back & forth?  He is still eating 3 solids meals a day but his bottles confuse me.

If he is now waking for this, I would be inclined to re-introduce the 4th bottle until he starts to disply the signs that he wants to drop it again.

Also he will only take his midmorning bottle, laying on the floor watching TV with me holding the bottle for him, is it normal for them to have preferences to where they eat??  He refuses the bottle if I'm holding him in his room which is normally where I feed him his bottles because distractions always bothered our feeds.

I had to laugh when I read this, yes, Calum went through an indepenadant stage. He would only take his bottle lying on the floor or on a pillow.  ::)  it is only a stage, so I would just go with it.
Lauren x

Offline * Paula *

• Showing Appreciation 426
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 21:21:41 pm »
I agree with Lauren.

Thomas was exactly like this, his stage started from about 5 months and lasted until his 1st birthday.  Then he wanted to go back into my arms. 

These lo's are definitely sent to confuse us  ;)

Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline Jenny_Jen

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 00:24:51 am »
Well today he dropped his solids at lunch but still took his midmorning bottle so I guess I'll just go with the flow & give a bottle until he wants solids again at lunch.

Thanks guys.

Offline * Paula *

• Showing Appreciation 426
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 20:36:00 pm »
Keep us posted on how you get on.

Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline Jenny_Jen

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 00:36:33 am »
I'm pretty sure it's his teeth now.  Today I tried lunch again & he screamed at the sight of the spoon, but surprisingly, he's still eating his bottles.  I gave him tylenol & he ate dinner.

Gawd I hate TEETHING!

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 06:12:52 am »
Try giving him a spoon to hold whilst you feed him with another spoon..
Lauren x

Offline Jenny_Jen

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 15:21:36 pm »
He didn't want anything to do with the highchair & I tried giving him the spoon, he wasn't having anything to do with lunch yesterday at all & was fussing all day.

He did eat breakfast though this morning so we'll see how lunch goes.