Author Topic: Won't resettle after night wakings...  (Read 675 times)

Offline btrsweet5747

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: February 12, 2007, 19:31:46 pm »
I know this sounds like a silly question, but we're having a bit of a problem at night.  Laney is on a great EASY schedule (between 3 and 3.5 hours).  She's doing really well, but is having a really hard time settling down after her middle of the night feeds.  We do a dreamfeed at 10:30pm, then she's usually up around 3am or so to eat, which is great!  Well, after that feed (which doesn't take but 10 minutes at the most) she is fighting going back to sleep really hard.  Sometimes it takes me an hour or more to get her back down.  She is getting pretty good at putting herself to sleep to start out with, but has a real hard time putting herself BACK to sleep when she wakes at night or in the middle of naps (the 45 minute intruder).

I don't know why this would be a problem for her, but I'm wondering what I should do.  During the day it's not hard for me to settle her back down usually, but at night she's getting worse and worse.  I'm out of ideas- thanks!

Oh, and thought I would mention she's swaddled and uses a paci as well.  Thanks!

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: Won't resettle after night wakings...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 00:20:48 am »
Wow, that really is great that she's already going so long at night.  ;)

Some thoughts for you -
One thing about EASY is that we teach the LOs that they have A time after eating. So, with a little one like yours there's often a phase like what you're seeing where it becomes necessary to differentiate day from night. What I mean is, LOs don't automatically know that daytime is for E and then A, but night is just E and then back to S. It takes some work but if you stay consistent and persevere she will get it.  :)

Also, babies work on organizing their daytime sleep from 0 - 3 months and night sleep from 3 - 6 months. This can mean that while LO is obessed over one, they pretty much ignore the other.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline btrsweet5747

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Won't resettle after night wakings...
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 23:57:59 pm »
Cool- I'll keep that in mind!  I need to go back and read BW again- thank you!  :)