Author Topic: Inconsistent naps...  (Read 2863 times)

Offline clairebear79

• Claire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • My grown up boy! 12 months old
Re: Inconsistent naps...
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 19:31:13 pm »
Hiya how are things going?  Hope you are managing to enjoy your holiday.

Sorry I've not been around for a few days but I have had a poorly LO on my hands.

Offline alunrau

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 18:46:04 pm »
Hi there! So we are home from our holiday! Our nights were absolutely terrible, which I totally expected, as my LO really likes her own crib! The last time we travelled, she didn't sleep well at night either, so needless to say, there was lots of accidental parenting during the nights. Then two days before we left, she came down with an awful cold, and her first fever! Poor little thing! I've never seen her so out of sorts.

Despite the bad nights, she actually had some really good naps! Most of them were actually atleast 1.5 hours long! Now that we're home though, our nights have been better, back to our usual one or two NW....but naps are back to the pits! She still has a terrible cough and is definitely not feeling herself. So I'm not trying to push her A time, just following her cues, as I know when I'm sick, I like more sleep than usual. Once this cold passes and she's back to her cheerful self, then hopefully we can try to up the A times again, and get some more consistent naps!

Offline clairebear79

• Claire
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • My grown up boy! 12 months old
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012, 20:03:04 pm »
Hiya - hope you had a nice time despite the rough nights?!

Sounds like a good plan leaving things while she is sick b/c yes they do usually need a wee bit more sleep.  Once she is better if you want to post a couple of days routine then we'll see if we can get things on the straight & narrow.

xx

Offline alunrau

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 00:06:58 am »
Yes, we did still manage to enjoy ourselves. It sure is nice to be home though! I was one tired mama! I handed Zoe over to my hubby and had a good nap as soon as we got home!

I will be in touch once she's on the mend!

Offline alunrau

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 15:38:46 pm »
Just a quick note while I think of it. I think one of the problems with our first a time, is I don't really know when my lo actually wakes up! For example, this morning I couldn't sleep, and I heard her make some cooing noises at about 7:10, it's now 7:40, and I can see she's awake on the monitor, but shes barely made any noises, so if I was sleeping, I wouldn't have woken up to her yet! And there have been other times I've been awake before her, and I've noticed this as well.  When she's had a good nights sleep, she wakes up happy and is quite content playing quietly in her crib for 45 mins!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 21:26:43 pm »
That's difficult.  Are you able to turn the monitor volume up so you are woken by her lovely cooing?