Author Topic: Routine help -4 mo, short naps and erratic feeding  (Read 2980 times)

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Routine help -4 mo, short naps and erratic feeding
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 08:38:04 am »
Yeah, if I'm reading right that he did a 2 hr nap with only 10 mins resettle in the Middle? For 4 mths it's a great nap :)

I'm noticing his nights are all over the place these days! No matter how good/bad the day went.. He's having a lot of early nw.. Every 45 mins or so, initially i settle without a feed, then around 9:30/45 I have to feed.. Then some night he goes back to sleep others it's fussy for a while again till he falls into deep sleep.
My second did this for ages. So frustrating! I think for some it's developmental. I know it's often OT but we were the same. No matter how well he slept otherwise, em had the ENW ::) do you think he could have wind after the BT feed? - my second had terrible wind/gas and food intolerances which is why I'm asking about wind.

I'd go for a 2 hr first A. If you can get a good nap (seven with a resettle) then do another 2 hrs but if you end up its short naps you can pull the next naps forward. I found this a good routine to aim for on 'off' days full of short naps
http://www.babysleepsite.com/schedules/5-month-old-baby-schedule/
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline shresmummy

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 01:42:39 am »
Thanks Hun :) that link helps.. For some reason I can never extend that am nap. Probably because school runs mess up his sleepy window.

He had his vaccines yesterday...do I wonder how his day will go. Something interesting I noticed... He had a cn yesterday that ended still 4:30 but I could only do bt by 6:30 earliest due to dd swimming. He took a bit of time settling and crude but when he did, he slept really well! No enw, I did a df at 10:30 and he slept till 2 am..

Wonder how that happened..

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 08:46:55 am »
I struggled with Z till ~6 mths. I had to W2S, HTTJ or apop so many naps if I wanted a chance at a decent one ::) Could be the shots causing the better night...but could be that he needs more A time yk?
***Sara***

Offline shresmummy

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 08:36:54 am »
Yes, I guess I just have to ride it out.. I just realised he's nearly 4.5 mo so it may be the longer A time thing. But he's got his brothers cold now so it's hard to judge.. I'll have to wait till he's better and reassess cos his a times are very low now.. Thanks again Sara i will keep you posted :)

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2014, 19:50:19 pm »
Hugs on the cold. Sick kids is hard work :-*
***Sara***