Author Topic: Quick sippy cup question  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Bex09

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 69
  • My world xx
Quick sippy cup question
« on: January 26, 2011, 15:52:38 pm »
Hi I have read through the thread about transitioning to a sippy cup but the LOs all seem older than my DD... so I was wondering at what age should you start offering milk in a sippy cup instead of a bottle? My DD is nearly 8 months old and has always been bottle fed. She does really well with water in her sippy cups with meals but still has all her milk feeds in a bottle. Is this ok and when should I start her on milk in her sippy cup?

Offline Mama2boys

• Showing Appreciation 247
Re: Quick sippy cup question
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 16:02:35 pm »
we started at about 1 in a sippy cup/straw cup and will do the same with DS2
9 and 6, oh boy!

Offline Texomamama

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 16:16:44 pm »
Yes, for us with DD1, we transitioned to the sippy cup at the same time as we transitioned to cow's milk- about 1 year old.

She never really seemed to get the hang of the sippy until then, and didn't even express any interest in it all all until about 9 months.  Personally, I think all the manufacturers who advertise their sippy cups for "6 month olds" are just trying to get you to buy them early.

Offline Bex09

• Showing Appreciation 69
  • My world xx
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 20:00:29 pm »
Great thanks for the replies, will stick to giving her water in it for now then until she is older. To be honest she has been using it since 7 months and really got the hang of it now, she holds it and tips it up herself to drink. Thanks again.

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 10:48:58 am »
DS ditched his bottle at 20 mths. I told him it was mucky and gave him a nice new cup with a digger on it and told him that was nice and clean.

Voilą - end of bottles - no issue at all  ;D.

By that time he was using the milk as a bedtime drink only so he was fine with a cup. And he had outgrown the snuggle with mummy and drink milk thing as well. It was more read books and climb all over anyway.

I had offered before, but no success until he was ready.