Author Topic: GOING NUTS!  (Read 891 times)

Offline mljlmr

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 14, 2006, 12:15:53 pm »
 ???  My DD is 6 1/2 months old, and for the last 2 weeks her whole schedule went bad!!! Im totally at my wits end with overtiredness and no set schedule! here is what it looks like right now, but varies day to day!

Up at 6:30
7 eat
8:00-1/2 jar
play
by 8:30 she seems tired, so i will put her down for a nap, but she will take 1/2 hour to sleep and only sleep for 1/2 hour, which messes up the rest of the day of course.
9:45 up from what nap she had had.
11:00 eat
12:00 lunch 1/2 jar
1:00-nap
2:00 up
3:00 bottle
4:30-1/2 jar
6:30-bottle
7-bed totally overtired of course!!
 9:30-d/f small one, shes starting to not take this.

up at 1-2 for feed.

She was going 2 1/2 -3 hours wake time, so she was on a 2 nap schedule for a few weeks, then the last 2 weeks she seems totally tired, shes waking up at all hours of the night, i finally put her in our bed becuase im totally sleep deprived from her getting up every 20 minutes. shes also teething which doesnt help, and i give her medicine for that.
Please help! im totally off and shes totally overtired and everythings just messed up!

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: GOING NUTS!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 16:15:47 pm »
It looks like overtired to me.  Have you tried pain meds before sleep? 

Also I would try to put her down earlier in the morning for her first nap, maybe only 90 minutes wake time.

Does she have anything going on developmentally?   

Offline mljlmr

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 16:51:59 pm »
thank you. i think shes not yet ready for 2 naps, even though she did that for 2 weeks for some reason. I did put her down after 2 hours this morning, but only got a 1/2 hour nap, but am gonna go back to 3 naps and see if thats the problem. she did just get the hang of rolling and she rolls back and forth, and shes almost sitting up by herself and the past few days can get on her knees and is trying to crawl. I do give her meds before bed, if its really bad. thanks again for the reply!!!!

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: GOING NUTS!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 00:12:09 am »
Wow it sounds like she has lots going on.  I think you are right that she needs more naps. Try three for a bit and then you can cut out the third again later.