Author Topic: new to EASY with 7.5mo DS  (Read 832 times)

Offline zaikamaya

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
new to EASY with 7.5mo DS
« on: January 15, 2007, 10:15:54 am »
I just started EASY this morning on DS who is 7.5mo and I have a few questions. DS has always been nursed to sleep and he would wake up every 1-1.5hrs at night. I need it to stop as I also have a 21mo DD to take care of. Because he wakes up so often at night, he's obviously tired in the morning. I started our day at 7h30 and he started yawning already at 8:30. I wasn't sure when to put him to sleep so I just waited until 9:30 like I read in one of Tracy's sleep interview, to keep him awake. Did I do it right so far??? Then He cried until 10:40. The first 30min laying in the crib then rolling over and sitting up. Then I just went 1/2 way in the crib, "layed" on him and he feel asleep right away. How did I do so far?? I'm nervous about the 2nd nap and tonight.
I felt so ready after reading all the FAQ's and several posts on several different boards, but when it came down to actually do it, I feel lost.
 Hopefully somebody can help me
3 kids
DD born 2005
DS1 born 2006
DS2 born Oct, 15 2009

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: new to EASY with 7.5mo DS
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 19:19:58 pm »
hi,

if he hasn't been used to staying up for 2 hrs, he might have been a little overtired.  you may need to put him down after 1.5 hrs, and slowly work up to a 2-hr A time. 

and hey, 'laying' on him beats nursing him to sleep! 

sounds like it wasn't a bad start! :)
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy