Author Topic: In need of urgent Help or ANY ADVICE!!  (Read 1137 times)

Offline newmommie21

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 10, 2007, 19:59:20 pm »

Hey everyone, I am new to the board, but not new to E.A.S.Y. I have been doing it since my baby girl was two months, and she is currently 4 1/2 months old. It had been working perfectly, she was in bed at 8 and woke up at about 6 the next morning without waking up during the night. All of a sudden everything has changed, somehow she has been starting to wake up at 3 or 4 in the morning, and I dont know how to get her back to sleep so i started feeding her, and she would eat for about 10 min and pass right out. I now, dont know what to do about it, how do i stop the feed and get her back to bed!, Im a new mommie, so I haven/t quite got a hang of all the ropes, I would really appreciate any advice.
Also, that early feed has offset her normal routine, her wake up time varies, from 6-8 in the mornings now, and my other issue with her now is her naps. she does take 3 naps and a cat nap around 6 but her naps have now changed to no longer than 30-45 minutes unless she is extremely tired and i dont get her down in time, which rarely happens. This often has puzzled me, and I no longer know what i should really do!
I used to be able to just put her down in her crib between 9-9'30 am for her nap and she would gladly drift away to nap land but now she screams when i put her back in there and ihave to rock her abit to sleep and then put her in the crib. ??? and since that early morning wake/feed EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT!!

Please Help!!  ???

Offline Lizziebeth

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 20
Re: In need of urgent Help or ANY ADVICE!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 10:13:04 am »
Hi there, sorry you are having trouble right now.

If she's still have 3 naps and a catnap, is she still on a 3 hr EASY?  If so, you will need to transition to a 4 hr EASY.  As as she gets to 5 months, she will need even more A time.

Have a read of this and see if it applies to your LO

Time to transition?
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=63161.0

HTH and give me a shout if I can help anymore.
Liz

Offline Scrapbooker

• Laura
  • BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 20:06:01 pm »
Sorry you're having a bad time.  I concur with the above advice.  Your problems seem to fit exactly the post she's referring to.  I have changed my LO recently too and she's doing so much better!

Laura
Grace's mom

Offline newmommie21

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 00:31:54 am »
Hello, Thank you so much for that info, it seems to fit exactly the discription of the problems I am having with natalie. I think I will start tomorrow and observe how shes doing and go from there. The only this I wonder is, if she is going through a groth spurt, will I be doing wrong by moving her to four hours? I worry She wont be getting enough milk to get her through this growth spurt?, Sorry I tend to worry alot too. Any how thank you all again. Hope to talk soon and update you on how we are progressing!

Offline newmommie21

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 00:37:24 am »
p.s Also do you guys mind sharing your E.a.s.y routines with me. natalie is 4 1/2 months, I dont know how old your LO are but Id love to see if natalies differ alot. thanks so much.

Offline Lizziebeth

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 20
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 06:26:23 am »
Hi there, when DD was 4-5 months, her routine looked something like this:

7am E
9am S (2 hours)
11.00am E
1pm S (2 hr)
3pm E
5pm S (catnap 30 mins)
5.30 E (cluster)
7.30 - 8pm (bottle and bed)
11pm - bed

HTH

« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 06:47:50 am by Lizziebeth »

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 09:34:46 am »
Newmommie21 -  I am not sure if you are BF or FF but just want to add that babies who are BF are not always (actually rarely) on 4hr EASY so I would stick with 3hrs for now - for feeds that is. I BF dd for 7-8months and tbh she only went to 4hr feeds at 8-9 months. Doesn't mean that you won't have her napping well, etc... just might not be true EASY. Also at 4months, many are stuck on 45min naps so if your lo is not responding well to the stretched A times and is still taking 45min naps, this will pass. Try to extend her naps with w2s but for some it is developmental. I also think that bedtime needs to be brought forward - they really need about 11-12hrs of sleep at night at this age so aim at bedtime around 6.30-7pm if she is waking up at 6am. I also think a catnap at 6pm is too late and is interfering with night sleep. At 4.5 months, it is normal to have 3-4 naps.

hth
Layla

20/06/2012 - my angel baby