Author Topic: bedtime bath  (Read 1039 times)

Offline alanier

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
bedtime bath
« on: September 23, 2006, 22:05:24 pm »

Hi! I am new to the EASY routine. DD is 5.5 wks old and we are going to try to start a routine next week. She really hates having baths and gets really worked up during them. I have to do a lot of cuddling after her baths to get her to calm down. I have read that a lot of people use baths as part of their bedtime routine. Should I wait on using the bath as a bedtime ritual until she enjoys them more??

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: bedtime bath
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 22:08:07 pm »
WE didn't make a bath a part of either boys bedtime routine until they were over three months old.  And even then I didn't do it every night cause it dried out their skin too much.  I think if your dd does not enjoy it then it may be better to do a morning bath.

Offline alanier

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 22:10:10 pm »
thanx! I was thinking about that. Did your boys have any problems adjusting to the change from morning to night baths? What was your bedtime routine prior when baths were in the AM?

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 22:12:42 pm »
before we did bedtime baths we would just kind of do it when ever so I think they never really got used to a set time. 

Once they were older and liked to play more then we could put them in the bath and they play KWIM?

Offline rinajack

• Showing Appreciation 162
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 00:41:04 am »
I agree with do it in the morning, bedtime routine needs to be calming or at least enjoyable. 

But have you tried showering with your lo at times too.  We do this often, dd loves it.  But that way you can cuddle at same time as bath.  You could also hop in bath with your lo as another alternative that the lo might enjoy more.
Rina - Mum to Zara 29/3/06
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline Karin3

• Showing Appreciation 17
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 00:52:15 am »
Baths are too stimulating for a bedtime routine for my lo.  I think she likes them too much.lol  ;D  I moved the bath to first thing in the morning when she can handle it and it seems to work much better for us.

Karin
Karin
Stepmom to Caroline, 10 years old

Offline Nay - Mateo's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 22
  • Spirited Angel...Ontario, Canada
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 01:29:19 am »
Although Mateo gets really worked up during his bath.. he loves the water, and always has, we still do it at night time coz we find it gets all of his energy out. We've tried skipping a bath here and there, and find that those days he takes much longer to settle and fall asleep. Of course, the difference here is that he LOVES the bath whereas your LO isn't quite so keen.

I know lots of moms who do bath time in the morning. I think you need to adjust your routine to whatever suits you and your LO. Of course, it will take some time to get it just right and there will be some tweaking along the way, but trust your instinct, you know best.

Nay