Author Topic: Changing from formula to whole milk and bottle to sippy cup  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Marette

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0

my 14 month old only takes the bottle of whole milk when he wakes and a couple of hours before bedtime.  He wakes crying until he gets his milk - he used to wake very happy and since we switched from formula to whole milk and have limited the bottle he hasn't been the same waking.  any suggestions on getting rid of the bottle all together and how to get my happy camper back in the morning?  he seems to be sooooooo whiny and cries a lot during the day....  he won't take milk from the sippy cup at all.   any suggestions?  thank you!!  is it a phase

Offline Critter

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
Re: Changing from formula to whole milk and bottle to sippy cup
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 18:22:15 pm »
A good friend of mine went through this, so that's why I started introducing the sippy a long time ago to make sure he was good at it before I started the transition to milk.  I

My suggestion after watching my friend go through this is to stand your ground and do NOT give him a bottle.  It will be hell for a few days but eventually he'll learn that he doesn't get the bottle anymore.  If he's thirsty enough, he'll take the sippy cup.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline * Paula *

• Showing Appreciation 426
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 19:42:43 pm »
I have to agree with Amy - I introduced a sippy to my lo quite early.  He drinks juice and water out of it, but does not want his milk in it - I have started to give him bits of milk in his sippy just to get used to it.  I agree - you are going to have to stand your ground.
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 23:56:57 pm »
I started DD with a sippy from 4months when we started solids and then 2 months i put milk in it and she has 2ozs with her meals. Then a week ago she started to fuss with her bottles so i decided to try her with the cup drank it down in 5mins and didn't miss her bottle so it is now gone.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07