Author Topic: 9 month old nw's all of a sudden!  (Read 800 times)

Offline hanna

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 29, 2012, 15:12:00 pm »
Hello,

My 9 month old has always slept well at night, with 2-3 quick nw's for the pacifier. The last 3 nights have been bad though. She wakes up almost every hour and wakes earlier in the morning. This morning, I had the bf her to calm her down (don't know why she would be hungry at 6 am when she usually bf at 6.30-6.45)

She is probably teething but I'm giving her meds for that.

She always loses her pacifiers on the floor and we have to give them to her, but these last three nights have gotten so much worse. She can now sit up on her own and she crawls, so when I go to her she is sitting, sometimes holding a pacifier, or a pacifier is right next to her, which perhaps she can't see...don't know what is going on.

Her naps these three days have been:
85 mins and 60 mins
45 mins and 80 mins
70 mins and 50 mins

She usually sleeps about 11-11.5 hrs at night. Bedtime is 6.30.

The only other thing I can think of is when the second nap is 50-60 mins, and her last A time is still about 3.5, if that is too long? But it's been the same and last week it wasn't like this at night. I put her to bed early if the second nap is too, too short or ends too early in the afternoon.

Please help if you can, thanks!

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: 9 month old nw's all of a sudden!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 02:00:10 am »
She can now sit up on her own and she crawls, so when I go to her she is sitting, sometimes holding a pacifier, or a pacifier is right next to her, which perhaps she can't see...don't know what is going on.
Is this a new skill for her?  Sometimes developmental milestones, like crawling, sitting, etc can cause NWs -- LOs are so eager to try out their new tricks that it results on lots of NWs. 

Could also be a growth spurt -- they're not as prominent after the first 6 months, but they do still have them.