ACTIVITY > E.A.S.Y. Forum

1st Day of EASY...pls read and respond....someone?

(1/2) > >>

Intransit:
Hi All,
I am a first time mother...and have a little boy who is almost 3 months old. Since he was born he has been making his own "choices" about when he would like to sleep, where and IF!! Very frustrating.....I have my new bible (Tracys' book) and I am now trying to introduce easy..which so far is amazing! My husband is skeptical...but I shall prove this works! Now, my question is...........and take into accoun this is my first day on EASY....if the day nap is not 1.5 hours..sometimes actually less than an hour....ie 1st was 1.5 hours..2nd was 30 and third was 30....4th is in progress.....if the nap is not 1-1.5 hours..should I,when he wakes up, if he does not put himself back to sleep.....attempt to get him back to sleep? I tried this on the last nap(3) and he cried and screamed and got quite upset! I ended up giving him an ounce of a bottle to calm him...Thanks

Lockyer:
Hi,
Its great you are trying EASY with your lo. Stick with it as it pays off in the end. Sometimes it is trying but just see the light at the end of the tunnel.

You will need to try to PU/PD with him when he wakes early. Remember if he wakes and is happy then he may not need more sleep, but if he is cranky then do PU/PD. It may take 2 goes, it may take 50 goes but stick with it.

EASY is not a strict schedule, but rather takeing cues from your lo. The book may say a certain amount of time for babies to slepp but all babies are different, so just just watch his cues carefully, youll suss them out soon enough.

HTH, Vanessa xx Good Luck

Intransit:
Thank you so much for the reply!!!
Its tough when you're not 100% sure about things..but I think chatting to people online def helps! I will try the pu/pd method for naps as well...but what about the screaming?? So much to the point he was getting a bit red in the face?

alligirl:
Welcome!  Glad you found EASY!

Lockyer gave you great advice and I don't want this to seem like I'm stepping on her toes, just want to give you another tiny piece of advice....

Tracy said that PU/PD might be too overstimulating for babies under 3 months old.  So while PU/PD is recommended for older babies, pat/shh is recommended for babies under three months (and actually, she also said pat/shh can be overstimulating for babies older than 6 months).  Since your baby is right at 3 months, only you can know what would work best for him at this point in time.  Just keep in mind that if things get really bad or he just doesn't settle while doing PU/PD, you might try pat/shh (or vice versa).  Just don't switch back and forth, you'll have to find what works and stick with that.  Consistency is key.

That advice was kind of all over the place, but I hope you got the idea.

Intransit:
Thanks for that advice as well.....but what if I am not able to get him to sleep..or even to calm down..say if..pat sh..or pu/pd dont work..i dont know how long to go before I should scrap doing that since he is really sad like earlier today....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version