Author Topic: Is soy milk a good option?  (Read 6774 times)

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: Is soy milk a good option?
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2008, 01:49:23 am »
This thread is reffering to Soy milk and soy Infant formula.

What you read on the internet though is refering to Soy Milk.  Google Soy Milk and read about it.  Don't read just one link, but several to form your own opinion.

Our Ped, says it is fine, a great alternative.  Our Natropathic doctor says NO WAY, but she also does not like Cow's Milk. 

It is all so confusing.  I would research it and form my own opinion.

Hugs, Wendy

Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline Shdef

• Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2008, 05:55:28 am »
Soy is a good option, just not for allergic children.

Quote (selected)
Soy-based formula or goat's milk formula are not recommended for allergic or potentially allergic infants.

http://www.allergyclinic.co.nz/guides/27.html

Offline kate585

• Showing Appreciation 78
  • My darling redheads!!!
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2008, 21:44:22 pm »
FWIW,
For any other NPR nerds out there, Dr. Zorba talked about this soy milk controversy this weekend and said it's all rubbish.  Granted he was talking about soy in general and not specifically for babies. 
Kate,

Offline anniedooday

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2008, 18:25:25 pm »
Just had my 4 yr olds check up yesterday and we talked about it too and she said that there is just not enough evidence of anything against soymilk so not to worry, and I have certainly found that you can find almost anything on the internet, even my MIL has found (mind you she is a crazy loon!!!) "smoking isn't what causes cancer" did I mention she is crazy?

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2008, 19:26:22 pm »
What is a NPR nerd?

Smoking can cause cancer, but people that have never ever smoked in there life can also die from lung cancer.  Some people can smoke their entire life and never ever get cancer. 

Personally I think some people are more prone to certain types of cancer than others, grated though smoking does increase it of course if you are prone to get that cancer. 

My mother smokes and everytime she goes to the doctor they say how clear her lungs are.  Not saying smoking is good at all and deft. increases your chances, but I see what your MIL is saying and has read.

Who knows about anything anymore.  I would keep on doing what you are and not worry at all.  Heck you can read anything on the internet and be scared to walk out of your door.

Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!