Author Topic: He won't eat!!!  (Read 3138 times)

Offline MeAndVee

• Me & Vee
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • You talkin' to me?
Re: He won't eat!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 17:44:49 pm »
Yeah my LO is like that too.  Prefers to eat on the go.  It is not a habit I would like to cultivate though.  Messy for one and a choking hazard too.  Was thinking about getting a little table and chairs for Christmas.  Do you think he is still too young for that?  Like will he sit long enough to eat knowing that he is free to just get up and leave?
Catherine - Sri - Vee

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]

Offline 1sttimemamma

• Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 04:07:18 am »
Yes - he will eat stuff when he's not in the highchair. If the day has gone bad (in terms of eating) - then we start dinner with a picnic. We just hang out on the kitchen floor and make sure he eats the most important thing (yogurt mixed with avocado) and then put him on the chair for his other stuff. I will get getting a plate soon and try that! I have a feeling that plate will end up on the floor...

Offline MeAndVee

• Me & Vee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • You talkin' to me?
Re: He won't eat!!!
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2008, 02:52:10 am »
Today was a better day.  He ate his oatmeal and yogurt cup for breakfast, had a PB&J sandwhich and grapes and kefir smoothie for lunch, had a fruit gel for snack, had mac and cheese and toast for dinner, and finaly a big bottle of milk before bed with water and juice inbetween.  Hopefully this marks the end of this phase and we will stay on track for a little while atleast. 
Catherine - Sri - Vee

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]

Offline Lulu m

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Happy Little Girl!
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 01:57:49 am »
Hi all. I have been reading through this thread and thought I could ask a couple of questions.
DD is 12.5 mos old and used to eat anything I gave her and now is on a food strike!
She basically will drink her milk and eat her cereal and fruit for breakfast and that's it.
My pedicatrician said now she only needs 16-24 oz of milk, but she is getting over 30 oz. because she won't eat anything else!
I keep introducing new foods, but she covers her face, pushes the spoon away and throws her food on the floor. UGH.
I try not to make a big deal out of it, but I know she needs to get more onto solids and I am not sure how to do it.
Give her fruit all day?