Author Topic: not eating  (Read 1229 times)

Offline harriets mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • not very good a uploading the pictures!!!!!
not eating
« on: June 14, 2006, 08:13:57 am »
my LO is 41/2 mths and has always been a fussy eater, but the last few days she has only drank 4 bottle and always refuses the 5th. It could be any bottle she won't take and i have difficulty feeding her the other bottles too!  she is having around 3 - 6oz in each bottle it varies. Could it be that she doesn't like the milk as she will eat whatever solids i give her quite happily. Also after she has fed she gets a red rash around her mouth almost straight away???  Any ideas

Offline linfran

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 149
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 09:09:32 am »
Could you post your lo's routine please?  How is her weight gain?

My lo is the same age and started messing about with his bottles but has just popped out two teeth - could that have anything to do with it?  Also, does your lo get solids before after or seperate from her bottles?  I have to give solids after because my ds would much rather have the grub than boring old milk so if I gave it before he wouldn't take his bottles.

Perhaps you could get the rash checked by your dr or hv - for peace of mind apart from anything else.

Offline Michaela's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • Michaela - my cheeky little angel !
    • International Work from Home Opportunity
Re: not eating
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 12:00:22 pm »
Just a thought, but regarding the rash - could baby possibly be allergic to the silicone teat, or whatever teats you are using?

Sharon
Mom to Kaeleigh (19) and Michaela (16 months)

Offline Southernbelle

• Showing Appreciation 20
  • Mom to three beautiful kids!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 01:59:54 am »
Also, my four month old just transitioned to the four hour easy and is only taking four bottles a day (7, 11, 3, 7).  She takes six-seven oz per bottle.  MAybe your Lo is needing to drop a bottle.  Also, I agree about giving the solids after the bottle....but you may be doing that already.  I know that some may recommend backing off of the solids for awhile to get your lo taking milk better.  Most of their nutrients should still be coming from the milk until near one.  My friends son had what she thought was a milk allergy and she swore that he broke out in  a rash around his mouth if he even touched milk, but her doc said that would be extremely rare.  It's worth asking about though!  Good luck!
5 yrs, 3 yrs, 7 months

Offline harriets mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • not very good a uploading the pictures!!!!!
Re: not eating
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 13:06:37 pm »
thanks for all the advice i dropped the bottle and HEY PRESTO! She drinks her bottles and eats her food and sleeps through most nites. Excellent

Thanks to everyone xxx

Offline Southernbelle

• Showing Appreciation 20
  • Mom to three beautiful kids!
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 13:11:33 pm »
YAY!!!  Glad it worked for your lo too.  Funny how the obivous can work with them sometimes!  Plus, four bottles actually makes my day a little easier too!
5 yrs, 3 yrs, 7 months