Author Topic: Bedtime/startime & STTN QQQ  (Read 2278 times)

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: Bedtime/startime & STTN QQQ
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 21:45:20 pm »
If she is rolling in the swaddle I would wean it. You may actually find she sleeps better when she can choose her own position. Maybe keep pushing the A time gradually. The crib parties sound UT perhaps.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline shez12

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 00:04:51 am »
I did push her awake times yesterday but she was not napping well at all (30-45mins at a time). By the time it was afternoon she was so clingy and cranky. Her last nap I gave her a full hour to recover and was really anxious about how it was going to affect her bedtime.

To my surprise she actually went down at 7.15pm whinged for 10mins (trying to get comfortable; rolling around).. then slept till 4.30am!! Had a feed but for some reason she woke up half hour later (i think her tummy didn't feel well.. she was burping heaps and fussy); took me an hour to soothe her back to sleep.. She slept till 7.30am.

I find the last awake time of the day she's really struggling at it.. the first two awake times is fine.

The only reason why i swaddle her legs is because shes a kicker as well.. she manages to kick all the way up the cot and bumping her head or getting stuck in the corner. Every morning (she kicked the swaddled) shes already at the top of the cot.. ugh..

Offline *Ali*

• Forum Moderator
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 08:49:41 am »
How much did you push the A time by? Maybe post the day's sleep times so we can see what happened. If she short naps she will need a shorter A time following that nap. Otherwise she will get OT as the day goes on and need a long nap at CN time.

Offline shez12

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 11:00:03 am »
Pushing the awake time to 2hrs minimum. Her longest she can last has been 2hrs15mins. And I do try put her down earlier if she short naps but even then she sometimes doesn't want to take a long nap and would rather cat nap all day.

Today she was actually quite good besides from EASAS instead of EASE in the morning. She woke up after 30mins and then played for another 30mins but was easy to put down and she slept for 1.20hr. Second nap of the day she slept for 1.75hrs - no struggle at all. Final nap of the day she didn't want a cat nap at all and was up for 3hrs before BT. By the time i put her down she cried while i was doing her routine and I had to calm her down until she just clonked out when i put her into the cot.

Good thing is past two nights she's only been waking up for her 4.30 feed, not cot parties and then waking up at 7.am consistently. So I really can't complain.

Offline *Ali*

• Forum Moderator
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 20:49:35 pm »
Maybe the A times are a tad too much for her. I would hold at 2hrs max for a week or so and see how she is doing on that.

Nights sound good. :)