Author Topic: Help !how to sterilise bottles during the long term flight??  (Read 1478 times)

Offline minmin

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Help !how to sterilise bottles during the long term flight??
« on: October 25, 2005, 11:56:31 am »
I am going to take 11 hours flight  back to hongkong with my 5 weeks baby , does anyone can tell me that how to sterilise bottles and how to perpare the bottle feeding during the flight? thanx....

Offline Isom'smom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 12:00:54 pm »
I wouldn't bother sterilizing on the flight.  I'd stock up on bottles and have sackful ready and sterilized b/4 boarding.  You could also have your boiled water in the bottle already so all you have to do is add the formula, or take a couple two liter bottles of water with you.  Oh, and if the change in pressure hurts your LO's ears, get two cups from the flight attendant, have her put a hot wet paper towel in each and place them over LO's ears.  It always helped me when I was a little girl to releive the pressure.  Heck, if it gets bad, I still do it. :wink:

Offline t_smith80

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 12:08:40 pm »
hello there,

Have you tried Steribottles. They are single use ready sterilised bottles which you can buy and add a ready made carton of formula to them then throw them away-theyre brill i use them whenever we take Ella out., they are really cheap too. You can get them in 0-3 months and 3+months.

Here is a link to the website. I am not too sure if they stock them where you live but its worth a try.

Hope this helps

http://www.steribottle.com/index.html

Love Tracy and Ella
16+3 xx

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 12:18:42 pm »
i have done same as Isom's mom - i had sterilized bottles ready filled with the water and then have formula powder measured out in sectioned container and make up as needed.  the flight attendant can get you hot water to warm it up if needed. if you do this way make sure you bring a several extra "serves" in case of dehydration, extra hunger, spilled bottle or flight delays
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline minmin

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 12:40:29 pm »
thanx a lot .... I will try to bring more bottles to the flight,hopfully everything is running smooth...taking 5 weeks old baby to the flight ,I am really worry about that now..

anwway anyone knows that taking baby out and have time differences? coz am living in Auckland New Zealand now and that's 5 hours apart from hongkong ,just wondring will the baby notices that timeing is change?