Author Topic: Is 10 hrs enough nighttime sleep for a 14 month spirited boy?  (Read 1126 times)

Offline JWB's Mom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
I have a 14 month old spirited boy who will not sleep more than 10 hours at night. He wakes up and talks to himself for at least 20 minutes before getting upset and wanting out of his crib. Is that enough sleep? He has 2 1-1.5 hour naps during the day too.

Thank you!
Julie

Offline chell

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 94
Re: Is 10 hrs enough nighttime sleep for a 14 month spirited boy?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 21:16:46 pm »
Hi, all babies are different, so this (unfortunately!) may be all he needs. I think if he is waking up happy and doesn't seem overtired throughout the day, then he is probably ok. However I will forward this post to the toddler board, in case they have any different advice.
An obedient soldier fights a fools war

[img=http://www.images/t4.gif=http://www.images/t4.gif]http://www.babywhis

Offline Florencia

• Showing Appreciation 75
  • Playin' hide n' seek
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 16:34:57 pm »
It sounds perfectly normal to me, around this board we have a lot of 10 hours at night little guys. Some of them have lenghted the night time when switching to one nap, cause that nap seems to be 2 hours long and they get the extra hour they used to get for nap at night time. It just balances out but an overall of 13 hours a day sounds perfect, especially if he doesn't look tired during daytime or is not cranky and is waking happy and looking rested.

HTH!
Mom to Manolo, spirited monkey and Jose Miguel, an angel cupcake

Offline JWB's Mom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 16:37:32 pm »
Thank you so much for the replies! I hadn't been out here for awhile and didn't realize that there was a board for toddlers too! I appreciate the advice and comments!

Julie

Offline Christa

• Showing Appreciation 50
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 18:46:23 pm »
My little guy is only 10 months, but he has been getting 10-11 hours a night and seems fine with it. I agree with the previous posts that based on the day sleep + night sleep, he seems to be getting enough total, and if he seems rested and happy, thats an even better indication.