Author Topic: going out totally disrupts the day!  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Jean and Rich

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: May 16, 2006, 10:57:50 am »
Taking my 11 week daughter out totally distrupts the rest of the day.  After her sleep in the morning, I feed her then we may go to the shops or see a friend.  When we get back to the house she seems tired so I put her to bed.  She will then scream the house down for the rest of the day  It seems that she is over tired/stimulated.  I have tried going out at different times but nothing seems to work.
The days we do not go out she is as good as gold.

It has come to the point when I think it is easier just to stay in and dread having to go out.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreicated

Jean

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: going out totally disrupts the day!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 13:00:04 pm »
11 weeks old is very young and she needs her sleep. Can you try to limit outings so not every day and also see if she will sleep in her carriage? Some babies will nap while out if you create as close an environment to home as possible - recline the stroller, cover with blanket (for darkness), etc. Or you can try taking her out in a sling/baby carrier - many babies will sleep that way.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
Re: going out totally disrupts the day!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 13:07:36 pm »
If you can get her to sleep in her stroller or car seat, that would help a lot.  At that age, I used ds's nap time in the morning as my errand time.  He would sleep in his car seat (the kind you can take out of the car and put in a shopping cart) for at least 45 minutes to an hour. 

Good Luck and just know that this period does not last forever.  Eventually she will be able to stay up for a longer period of time which will give you more "freedom."   ;)
Judy