Author Topic: Sleeping Swaddling and Gas  (Read 1550 times)

Offline CharlotteandCharlie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
  • These moments make my heart sing!
Sleeping Swaddling and Gas
« on: January 23, 2006, 17:16:21 pm »
For the last few nights dd has woken up seemingly in pain and tooting while she cries.  We started oat cereal and rice cereal and she has been tooting more lately but I am wondering if anyone thinks her being swaddled and on her back hinders her passing wind comfortably while she sleeps.

I was able to put her back to sleep on her left side and she seems to do well.  I was told by a nurse after my section that if you lay on your side it is easier to pass wind which helped alot after the surgery. 

I think I may be hypersensative but want to make her as comfortable as possible.

After she woke at 4 a.m. I wasn't able to get her to sleep on her side again.
Charlotte mom to
Charlie Anne August 7, 2005
Campbell Rose March 27, 2007
And wife to the man of my dreams.

Offline Kherzy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 17:28:22 pm »
My baby does the same thing, always has, she is almost 6 months old now.  I do put her to sleep on her side swaddled and it seems to help a bit as she pushes her knees to her tummy.  She usually tries to roll on her back when it happens too, I'm not sure if it's because of the pain or if she's trying to see me.  I have no answers, sorry.  I did start making her cereal/oatmeal with juice which has at least helped her with the constipation (she has always pooped only every few days but it got to be true constipation when she started oatmeal).  She now squishy poos like a real baby!
Kate

Re: Sleeping Swaddling and Gas
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 19:05:33 pm »
Thank you for responding.  Sometimes its nice to be heard.  Do you think the tightness of the swaddle hinders them being able to crouch and push?  She may just have bad gas regardless of the swaddle.  I don't know.  Hopefully tonight she won't be in pain.  We are on day two of oatmeal then on to veggies. 
Charlotte mom to

Offline JennŠ

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 19:30:03 pm »
Rice can constipate, oatmeal can cause gas in some.  A weird thought, have you tried mixing the cereals to get a happy medium?  Can't say I tried this much, DD was REALLY not into rice. :)
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 20:07:20 pm »
I will give it the three days like the health region says.  If its too much of a problem we will stick to rice and try again perhaps in a month or two.

Thank you.
Charlotte mom to