Author Topic: Now escaping the Aussie Swaddle!!!!  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • How lucky am I?
Now escaping the Aussie Swaddle!!!!
« on: January 25, 2006, 22:07:20 pm »
Okay we ditched the miracle blanket except at night because Gage sleeps fitfully and gets out of it. He likes the Aussie Swaddle so much better than the miracle blanket, and will normally go to bed without a peep. I already use a safety pin to keep the cross over folds over his chest from coming apart, and I put a stitch under the neck part to keep it from coming up and getting loose.  Now the prob. is he works the fold under his arm pits loose and is getting his hands out. We are so close from getting rid of it, but he is just not ready yet. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
Re: Now escaping the Aussie Swaddle!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 22:18:00 pm »
no suggestions - but i can relate.  my spirited dd NEEDS her swaddle and i thought i found a miracle with the aussie swaddle!  now she can escape that w/o a second thought when she wants to...am kinda at a loss for what to do now too.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 17
  • How lucky am I?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 22:20:15 pm »
Oh, your lo is gorgeous! I think I might try to sew Velcro on under the arm fold and behind the back. What do you think? Oh the desperation!

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 22:27:50 pm »
thank you - gage is adorable too!!  velcro may work til he figures out what to do, but it may work for the meantime.  i see he is still under 5 months - is he spirited??  if so it may be hard to, but otherwise maybe you want to start trying to wean him one arm at a time???..i am struggling with eye thrashing and paci pulling...i swear she's gonna be swaddled til she's 20  :-X
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005