Author Topic: Help! 4 month old is now screaming everytime I lay him to sleep!  (Read 875 times)

Offline lyndie

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0

I read Tracy's book 2 months ago.  My baby is now 4 1/2 months.  I was doing pat/shush until last month.  I am now doing pickup/put down.  However the last 3 days he now screams when I lay him down.  If I pick him up he arches his back and kicks his legs.  He does the same thing in bed.  I know he is tired when I put him down because he rubs his eyes and yawns at least once.  Before when I put him down he would cry a bit and it would take about three or four pick up put downs and about 10 minutes.  Now it is 45 mins to an hour.  However, before it was never screams and arching.  He now goes balistic.  This is so hard because at night he still get's me up at least 3 or 4 times a night.  I had been trying to get him to sleep through nursings.  But he'll just cry and cry and I tried Tracy's methods of feeding him every two hours till bedtime and then a dream feed.  However he still wants to eat every 3-4 hours.  He is a healthy weight and my breast milk is still quite plentiful, so he should be able to go at least 6 hours at night.  I know it is habit, but I've been trying for two weeks with the pick up put down method.  I am losing my mind please give me some advice as to why he is now reacting this way.  Anything is appreciated.

Offline zelkad

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 10
Re: Help! 4 month old is now screaming everytime I lay him to sleep!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 03:35:11 am »
I know this sounds weird but is he maybe used to sleeping in a car or bouncy chair?  I know our lo at that age went through a phase where he would only want to sleep in these spots and would refuse his crib.  If this is the case, I'd be happy to help you out with more specifics.   As for the pu/pd I can't help you out but have you checked out the pu/pd board....you may find it helpful.

Zelka