Author Topic: Great with solids but not with finger foods - help!  (Read 927 times)

Offline Pimento

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Great with solids but not with finger foods - help!
« on: August 10, 2006, 12:41:16 pm »
My ten and a half month old daughter has always been a good eater and gobbles up a huge range of food with no bother at all.  But, it's a different story with finger food - she'll happily take rices cakes, toast, cheese and raisins but anything else is met with disgust!  She seems to take a stance of  - it's new, yuk, I don't like it.  I've tried a wide variety of fruits and veggies with no joy... they just get chucked on the floor.  On rare occasions, she'll pick the food up, put it to her mouth but then spit it out in disgust.  Any tips from anyone who's also experienced this?

Thanks
x

Offline Ennypen

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
Re: Great with solids but not with finger foods - help!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 15:13:43 pm »
William is exactly the same.. lol.. he's 12 months old now and the only fruit / veg I can get him to eat as finger food is either raspberries or pear..

So.. I must admit I have given up offering such things as finger food.. I ensure he gets all of his fruit and veg in his diet through his meals which I spoonfeed him still.

I give him the things that he will eat as finger foods as finger foods ensuring that between his meals and finger foods his diet is balanced.
He will eat toast, sandwiches, special baby crisps, bread sticks, grated cheese ...

The key is not to worry too much about it.. as long as the diet is balanced and your LO is eating fruits and veg in some form its fine. They need to find food fun and if they dont like it as a finger food so be it - there will come a time when they will ike it you can be sure xxx

H xx

Offline Pimento

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 11:47:46 am »
Thanks, that's really reassuring. 

K
x

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 00:00:42 am »
My DD is the same she will not eat fruit or vegetables as finger food either and she is over 12months. All i can suggest and that is what i am doing is to keep offering it.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07