Author Topic: what you call this feeding to sleep?  (Read 929 times)

Offline klamps

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 18, 2012, 09:38:03 am »
I don't want to feed my bubs to sleep anymore. She's 8 months and I need to break the habit. What I've been doing is feeding her before bedtime, waiting until her sucking has slowed down and when she is calm, then picking her up while still awake (his eyes are open) and placing her into the cot. She goes to sleep within a 5 minutes for earlier. So do you think this is still feeding to sleep? Thanks

Offline Chicane

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
Re: what you call this feeding to sleep?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 12:13:17 pm »
Hi there - so, in theory this is not feeding to sleep and I think you've done really well to get to this point. Its great that you are putting her in the cot with her eyes open. I suggest you start to slowly move your feeds so that there is more and more time between feeding and sleeping - you're doing great so far so there is no need to rush into it, just every few days put all little more time between the feed and the going to sleep. You may want to consider establishing more of a sleep time ritual in this period as well so that when you do finally get to a routine that is Eat Activity Sleep (EAS) you will have a ritual in place - this may involve a cuddle and gentle patting on the back, laying down in the cot and then a gentle song with your hand on the LO - or any other things that suit you both. Hope this helps xo

Offline klamps

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 20:53:56 pm »
thank you! thats what I plan to do, hopefully it works, lol. It actually took a couple of months to get to this stage. She feeds every 1 1/2 to 2 hours (shes a snacker) so I'm gonna try and break that habit too and hopefully it can stop a few of the night wakings:) Thanks again:)

Offline Chicane

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
Re: what you call this feeding to sleep?
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 07:35:36 am »
You sound like you're doing really well. You may want to consider posting an average day up on the EASY board - the lovely ladies there might be able to make the transition easier for you with just a few routine tweaks. xoxo