Author Topic: Will this get better??  (Read 2375 times)

Offline babysophia

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 11, 2007, 03:05:05 am »
My lo is is 4 months old and we have been following EASY for 1 month now. It has been a life saver!! My only question is she sleeps great (once she falls actually falls asleep) for her naps and at night BUT only after crying anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes.

Does anybody else's LO do this? Will they stop the crying at some point or will this be normal until they are older??
Please help!!!

Thanks  ???
Here is our schedule, more or less, just in case.

8:30am AWAKE
9:00am BF
Change clothes, morning playtime
10:00am NAP

12:00pm BF
Activity
1:00pm NAP

3:00pm BF
Activity
5:00 NAP

6:00pm BF
Activity
7:00pm NAP (30 minutes only)

7:30pm Bath, windown routine, read book, quiet time.
8:00pm Formula bottle 6oz

8:30pm In crib
Asleep by 9pm

Wakes up only once or twice during the night to eat. Around 3 or 4 am, then again at 7am. Back to sleep until 8:30 or 9am!
(I personally like the later wake up time)

Offline nona

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 95
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 03:28:43 am »
oh my gosh...i was just thinking about this today...does anyone else's lo cry before going to sleep? We were running an errand and the tears started then poof his eyelids started getting droopy.

My lo @ 3.5 months always fusses/cries for about 5-15 min when I lay him down for a nap. It breaks my heart a little b/c I feel like I am being a mean mommy. However, when holding him doesn't stop the tears, I know he is just fighting sleep and that is what he needs.

You are not alone but I'm ready for it to stop.... :)
heather

Offline Wink's Marmy

• Showing Appreciation 16
  • Silly girl
Re: Will this get better??
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 05:40:24 am »
We have the SAME problem! Its like she has to blow off steam before sleeping!!! I posted in "Naps" about this same thing. Check it out:

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=84023.msg742425#msg742425

Jennifer

Offline *Mona*

• Showing Appreciation 144
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 14:52:13 pm »
hi, actually I remember having the same problem/feelings when my dd was around your Lo's age.
what we had to do was adjust her naptime/bedtime hours a bit as she was either not sleepy enough or too tired to fall asleep without fussing and/or crying AND move from 3 to 4hrs EASY.

looking at your routine I think she may be behaving like that because she could be ready for 4 hrs and not 3 hrs EASY.
take a look at his one [transition from 3 to 3,5 and 4 hrs easy]:
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=63161.0

what do you think?
Monika
~Monika~

Maja - 6 yrs
Nina - 27.11.2012 :)

Offline nona

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 15:38:21 pm »
Here's some encouragement...my lo went down this morning very easily! He is starting to rub his eyes (but usually is missing the eye and rubbing his forehead) and he barely made a peep before falling asleep. my dh stayed in the room with him (we don't usually do this and think it was just good timing). even though my lo has always cried some before napping, I agree with Majas_mom that we need to tweak the schedule. we are still on a 3 hr easy, but we are going on vacation next week so gonna wait on changing the schedule.
heather

Offline *Mona*

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 17:35:58 pm »
good point, Nona. going on vacation can disturb his routine so no point in starting any routine changes before. good luck and yeey to going down easily in the morning :D
~Monika~

Maja - 6 yrs

Offline babysophia

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 17:39:03 pm »
I will definately read up on the 3.5 or 4 hour easy. That could help ! Thanks, i will let you know how it goes  :)

Offline * Paula *

• Showing Appreciation 426
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 20:03:24 pm »
babysophia, I definitely agree with Monika, it does sound like your lo is getting ready to transition and extend her A time.

Please keep us posted on how you get on.

Paula
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline babysophia

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 19:30:16 pm »
Ive totally noticed that her naps have been shortened to around 45 minutes. She can definately stay awake for almost 2 hours. I think you are right, it is time to transition to 4 hour easy. But my only concern is a silly question, maybe I should post it in the Breastfeeding forum. If you are only feeding her every 4 hours on a different breast each time, then that means the other breast will go 8 hours without your LO eating from it. DO any problems occur? (lower milk supply? plugged milt ducts?)

Offline * Paula *

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 19:32:56 pm »
You may find that with her going longer per feed that she will actually want to take more milk and may take from both breasts.

Good luck with the transition, please let us know how it goes.

Offline MrsDJT

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Lilly-Ann
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 13:14:15 pm »
Ditto ditto ditto to everyone...nice to know that we r not alone.  My lo is 13wks and has been on EASY for nearly all her life....gosh that sounds funny.

She has never liked going down at night....naps in the day are no problem.  But nights whoa....she screams to the point she looses her voice and it breaks my heart.  I sshhh/pat....often too stimulating.  She is up for her longest stint pre bed and I think this may have something to do with it...Im gonna try bringing her bath and bed forward by 1hr and see....will let you all know. 

Have resigned myself to the fact I have a very sprited baby...just hope all this screaming isn't damaging her.
LOL Lilly-Ann - Incredibly Spirited

Offline nona

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 14:48:26 pm »
babysophia- we have sort have been transitioning to a 3.5-4 hour schedule.it just started to happen this week on its own. he is taking great naps (2 hrs) and falling asleep easier (still fusses a little).  i have not had any problems with breastfeeding. my lo only nurses one breast at a time. he is nursing same amount of time but i can tell he is taking in more milk. he used to be finished earlier and then just hanging out for a while. now i can tell he is gulping more milk for longer in that period if that makes sense. of course, this could all change tomorrow!
heather

Offline * Paula *

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 20:15:31 pm »
Nona sounds like your DS is doing fantastically

Offline babysophia

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 17:18:44 pm »
maybe i should start with going to a 3.5 easy first??? the last few days ive noticed that she can stay awake almost 2 hours but she seems hungry stll every 3 hours. what do you think? should i start vwith 3.5 then transition to 4 hr easy will be easier! lol

Offline *Mona*

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 18:49:03 pm »
if she's ready for longer A time but still hungry sooner than after 4 hours- do try 3,5 hrs EASY first, should work really good for you :)
~Monika~

Maja - 6 yrs

Offline lgliser

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 19:03:27 pm »
For you with LOs that cry 5-15 min before bed... I was just wondering what sort of crying do you mean?  Full blown wailing or just fussing?  Sorry I don't have any advice, but I was just curious.  Sometimes ours cry and I'm never sure how long to let it go on!
Laney

Offline * Paula *

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 19:42:34 pm »
Laney,

If they are crying full blown, it is always best to go in and check on them.   If they are fussing it is usally more of a whiney cry than a full blown cry. 

HTH's

Offline nona

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 22:25:48 pm »
my lo has a more fussy/whiney cry and usually his eyes are closed when he is doing it (not always, but usually). this used to confuse me too b/c i didn't want to be doing the "cry it out" thing. now, i can definitely tell a difference. HTH!
heather