Author Topic: does this make sense  (Read 542 times)

Offline lgliser

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« on: February 13, 2007, 22:46:50 pm »
I posted this on the NAPS board but I guess nobody has any answers for me!  So I hope it's ok to post this here.  Thx!

For the last 2 nights our babies have been sleeping longer at night - hooooray!  I'll cluster at 5 & 7 and then put them down around 7:30.  They have slept till 4:30-ish and then go on till morning  - 7 am.  I've also been stretching their feed times to 3.5 - 3.75 hours in between feeds during the day.  I am trying to get them to stay awake longer too, but so far it's not more than 1.5 hours or so.  The last couple of days it has been working out timing wise that they didn't take a catnap.  And their 3 naps during the day are usually like the first 45 min in cribs, then they wake and are impossible to settle, so I bring them down to swings where they nap for another 45 min or so.  So they aren't great naps, and I know I am in a bad habit by doing the swing thing.  Sad   Oh, and sometimes when I bring them to the swings, they don't even really sleep, they just quietly look around.  So it's not restorative sleep right?
So here's a typical schedule:
7 wake and eat
9 nap part in cribs and part in swings
11 wake and eat
12:30 naps
2:30 wake and eat
3:50 naps
5:30 up and eat
6:30 baths and wind down time so there's really no opportuntity for a catnap.  Some days the timing is slightly different and they do get a catnap.
Then around 715-730 they go down for bed, and then I already told what is happening at night.

They seem to be happy - not cranky or overtired or anything.  Does this sound ok ?  Even though their day naps are not super?  Are they getting enough sleep if they are at least sleeping longer stretches at night?
thanks,
Laney

Offline *Mona*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 144
Re: does this make sense
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 12:04:59 pm »
Laney,

well actually what I think is that if you can make them go back to sleep [let it be their crib or a swing], that's wonderful and what's most important is that they're napping regularly and sleeping longer stretches at night and are happy :)
I won't try to advise you to get them back to sleep with pat/shush at every nap as I don't think you can pat/shush 3 babies same time  :P ;) I think it may be just a phase of 45 minute naps and eventually they will start taking longer naps [that's how it was with my dd].

so keep up the good work and us posted on how you're doing  :-*

Monika
~Monika~

Maja - 6 yrs
Nina - 27.11.2012 :)