Author Topic: Changes after kindergarten : early wake ups  (Read 3728 times)

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Changes after kindergarten : early wake ups
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 07:13:08 am »
Hi Alisa,

Now might be the time to set nap and BT and stick to it. 4.50am is not good for either of you! I think we're all thinking he might be low sleep needs considering how little he used to sleep before when on two naps too.

How is he generally? Do you feel he's teething or anything atm?

I would ask your kindergarten to go back to the 12pm nap and if it continues to only be for one hour set BT for 6.30pm. This is regardless of whatever time he wakes in the morning. Hopefully it'll reset his body clock then we can look at moving the whole day back out to a later wu and BT for you. Wdyt? Back in a mo to post a link for you that will help about set nap and BT Set naps for toddlers: Why, How and When

Offline Alisa masik

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 18:15:45 pm »
Hi.
He is the usual nothing new except the kindergarten 3weeks ago. 
So I need to return again to a later bed time ? Now it's at 6 ,used to be 7.  So back to 7 ?
Yes he was never much of a sleeper. He never woke up later then 7   Usually at 6. Until the winter clock has changed. Then he started to wake up at 5.  It took him a month to get back on track.

The kindergarten trying to put him to bed at 9 and then at 3. Doesn't work in the morning    Afternoon he sleeps only one hour.
So back to where we were before ?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 19:25:47 pm »
It's so difficult to determine as I do think he's prone to OT as most lo's are. I think a couple of days of EBT for him worked but now he's reverting back to his usual 10hrs at night. This indicative of either an OT LO or one with LSN, it's just hard to judge sometimes. Now that he's waking even earlier than before after doing the EBT for 5 days leads us to think perhaps he's LSN as an OT bubba would've started to sleep longer at night by now. See where I'm going here?

If we look back to where he was before he was sleeping 12hrs in 24 when he was on those two short naps. Now, as he's getting that with (before) a 1.5hr nap and 10hrs ONS, or near enough. The 1.5hr nap must be so much more restorative than when on those two short naps. So what I'm saying is that if your kindergarten could go back to the original 12pm nap time, hopefully he'll go back to his 1.5hr nap. Doing that, you may be able to start to push BT later as you wanted to see if he's truly LSN. If he's only sleeping an hour at that nap time atm though, going back to too late a BT might be a little too much too soon iykwim hence I suggested the 6.30pm BT for a few days considering he's waking even earlier.

I think eventually what you may find he'll do is something like:

Wu 6
Nap 12-13.30
BT (asleep by) 8.

It might take us a little while to get there as I didn't want to jump him to that new time too early in case that perpetuates the early WU's in the morning. Wdyt?

Offline Alisa masik

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 19:43:56 pm »
Your schedule sounds like heaven. I just hope we will get there soon enough z;)
Will do your suggestions and hope for the best     Isn't it too much from 1:30-8 for him?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 20:16:27 pm »
It may be too much hun, but if we do it gradually it may work out. Problem is I'm presuming your kindergarten can't put him down for his nap a little later to space it out a little better? It would be nicer to have a 1-2.30 nap, but that might be too much too soon too! Also you know your LO best, does he prefer a longer first A or longer last A do you know? Might be a little hard to work that out considering you've had troubles with his sleep for so long. We can but try the routine we suggested in the earlier post for a while can't we? All else fails, he can always have an opportunity to catch up on the weekend with you (keeping the same nap and BT but perhaps letting him sleep in in the morning if that ever happens! Sure you would appreciate a lie in after all those stupid o'clock mornings!) or even a slightly EBT if needs be.

Please don't jump to my suggested eventual routine quite yet ok? Try the 12pm nap and 6.30 BT if the nap is one hour. If it's an 1.5hr nap, BT at 7. Hold this for a week. Sorry you may find the WU's stay the same for now. After this, come back and tell me how it's going ok (before if you need to obviously), but please hold it and see how it goes. Then we'll work toward routine 'heaven'  ;)

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2015, 13:03:37 pm »
Hi Alisa, was just wondering how things are going?

Offline Alisa masik

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2015, 20:07:26 pm »
Hi
We'll updates : after trying all your suggestions and nothing helped , he continue waking up at 5 and even earlier. And a few days ago we tryed to change his diaper in the middle of the  night  and   Leave the air conditioner on , miracle he sleeps till 5:50 the past few days.  So I hope that continues  ;)