Author Topic: Support for dropping the nap part 11  (Read 51187 times)

Offline Aishi

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 105
« Reply #180 on: July 12, 2014, 07:14:35 am »
That's great Katherine! J has always been good at regulating hasn't she? Hopefully shes all caught up on ot. Thanks for the support hon. It really makes a diff x
aishi :)

Offline Aishi

« Reply #181 on: July 12, 2014, 18:17:06 pm »
Shes still taking ages to fall asleep :-/ I pd at BT at 6.45 and shes still singing (nap was 3.30-3.45). Dyt I should bring cn a little earlier or just go for 12h nnd since she's having 12h days with cn anyway...

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Support for dropping the nap part 11
« Reply #182 on: July 13, 2014, 18:24:53 pm »
How'd it go today Aishi?  If it were me I'd still offer the CN and not worry too much if she takes a little while to doze off at BT.  I'm guessing it's a good sign she wasn't too OT?  But you may find you need to just do a CN every 2-3 days if she consistently takes a while to fall asleep.  Remember you're only a week or two into this, you both probably just need time to find  a new rhythm :)

Offline Aishi

« Reply #183 on: July 13, 2014, 18:31:39 pm »
Thanks for checking in Katherine :) shes still taming about half an hour to fall asleep. I did earlier nap today at 2.45 but she didn't fall asleep till 3 anyway and I capped at 3.20. It still took her till 7.30 to fall asleep. Dyt its ut or ot? She sttn so I don't think ot but how can it be ut on such a short nap :-/

Maybe it's just like u said and she's getting into a rhythm...I have to pick Z up from school setting in session on Tues so I'll have to do a nnd then anyway. Will just see how she gets on then ?

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #184 on: July 13, 2014, 18:42:59 pm »
Sounds like a good plan x

Offline PineapplePrincess

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2014, 02:10:46 am »
Aishi, you're so lucky such a late nap doesn't affect bedtime. My Lo normally gets up at 7:15 and takes his nap at 1:45. We cap it to 2:30. Well yesterday my parents took him to a picnic. It was probably 3:00/3:30 when he napped in the car. I think he only slept an hour as my mom told me. He mucked around till 10:15!!! That's why I never give him a late nap because I know it will keep him up super late no matter what length. Anyhow, I woke at normal time to keep to his normal rhythm even though he hardly slept last night. He only did 10:15-7:15. Yuck. He did well with the no nap the other day but was totally wired that day because my mom gave him too much sugar. He slept about 11 hours that night. I'm only doing no nap days on days that we are out all day. He has a few birthday parties coming up at the end of the month and a festival next weekend, so those will have to be no nap days.

Offline Aishi

« Reply #186 on: July 14, 2014, 05:05:12 am »
I don't know about lucky...even with a 15 min nap its taking longer for her to asleep at BT. I thought she was ut from cn but she had a few ot cry outs. I'm hoping she will do a cu nap or I can see this going pear shaped again :-/

Sorry you had a rough night x

Offline Mattsmummy

• Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #187 on: July 14, 2014, 13:01:47 pm »
Bloody He**...we are smack in the middle of dropping the nap and it's BRUTAL...

We are getting no nap days, V short nights, then some long nights, some late mornings, some V early mornings....

We are all over the map right now. Is this normal for dropping the nap???

Nursery has to offer a "rest period" so M will sleep most days - sometimes for only 20 minutes, sometimes for an hour and some days not at all...

Lord give me strength....
"But the fighter still remains"

Offline Aishi

« Reply #188 on: July 14, 2014, 14:20:38 pm »
Welcome to the madness MM. Yes its normal ;)

Dd napped today!! ::o ::o 1.30-3 wu was 7.15 so I figured she has been getting ot last few days. Should I stick to the set BT of 7 and expect it may take longer?

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2014, 14:22:18 pm »
I would, sounds like she needed the cu nap x

Offline PineapplePrincess

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #190 on: July 15, 2014, 02:36:00 am »
Mattsmummy, yes that is all part of the process! If we give a no nap day it does not guarantee a much longer night sometimes. The other day he only did about 10.75 hours of sleep after a no nap day. I suppose in the end it should eventually even out. We kind of go all over the place sometimes. I still offer naps each day but I don't know when my LO will fall asleep at night. Most of the time he is down by 9 and up by 7/7:15 but there are some nights he decides that 9:30/10 is his bedtime and still gets up at 7/7:15.

Offline Aishi

« Reply #191 on: July 15, 2014, 05:34:31 am »
Dd did not have a good night despite the cu nap. She was asleep by 8 but had several ot co's. Up for the day by 6.20 :-\. I suppose I should just stick to the cn and 7pm BT?

Offline Mattsmummy

• Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2014, 12:35:17 pm »
Thanks...good to know it's all part of the process.
We had a late night last night after an hour nap at nursery. Asleep by 8:50pm, but up for the day at 5:45am...Such a short night.
today should be interesting. going to aim for a bit earlier bt to try and keep the OT at bay...
"But the fighter still remains"

Offline *Becky*

• Showing Appreciation 255
« Reply #193 on: July 15, 2014, 12:43:02 pm »
wow - interesting. No matter whether DD naps or not she will fall asleep as soon as she is put in bed...can make it hard to gauge her real needs!

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline Aishi

« Reply #194 on: July 15, 2014, 15:03:04 pm »
Ugh I messed up! Dd was supp to nap from 2.35-2.55 but I fell asleep and didn't wake her till 3.20! Goodness knows when she will go to sleep tonight! I was thinking pd for 7 and hope for the best?!

Becky- you're so lucky that M will fall asleep quickly at BT!