Author Topic: HELP - I NEED SOME SLEEP!!!  (Read 1270 times)

Offline sarahS

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 3
HELP - I NEED SOME SLEEP!!!
« on: January 04, 2006, 14:11:11 pm »
MY BEAUTIFUL BABY IS NOW 7 AND A HALF MONTHS AND HAS NEVER SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT. I AM NOW REALISING THAT IT MIGHT NOT JUST HAPPEN. RALPH HAD BEEN ON A ROUTINE ALBEIT NOT A VERY GOOD ONE AND SINCE READING BW I HAVE GOT HIM ONTO THE EASY ROUTINE WITH LITTLE FUSS AND AM FINDING HIS NAPS ARE BECOMING LONGER AND HE IS EATING BETTER THAN BEFORE. THE CHANGE IN DAYTIME ROUTINE HAS NOT HAD AN EFFECT ON NIGHTTIME  WAKING THOUGH.
I HAVE READ ABOUT SUSH PAT (RALPH IS DISTRACTED BY THIS)  AND PU.PD. BUT AM CONFUSED. THE PROBLEM IS RALPH WONT START TO CRY IN THE COT SO THERE IS NO NEED TO PICK HIM UP HE WILL HAPPILY PLAY FOREVER I JUST DONT THINK HE WILL UNDERSTAND THAT HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE GOING TO SLEEP. I HAVENT YET STARTED DOING PUPD AS I AM WAITING FOR THE DAYTIME ROUTINE TO BE MORE ENTRENCHED IN HIS SYSTEM. ALSO HE IS WAKING UP ON AVERAGE TWICE A NIGHT AT DIFFERENT TIMES SOMETIMES SEEMINGLY HUNGERY SOMETIMES NOT I CANT SEEM TO FIND A CAUSE TO HIS WAKING. I REALISE THAT I HAVE BEEN USING A NUMBER OF PROPS WHICH I HAVE BEGUN TO ELIMINATE BUT I AM JUST SO SO TIRED I FEEL READY TO COLLAPSE AND NEED SOME HELP I REALISE THERE IS NO OVERNIGHT SOLUTION BUT IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE DO.
SARAH

Offline Beata

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 24
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 14:53:25 pm »
Hi Sarah - I am in the same situation, and currently looking for more answers. All I know is this is a time of very big change for the lo's. Teething, crawling, standing, colds, and more. My dd too has never slept through the night and I am about over it! We get one night here and there.

So {Hugs} for now, and I will look for answers and let  you know if we come up with any solutions. Right now, all I try to do is get dd through at least 8 hours with no food. (she'll wake 2-3 times in that period). She was sick, so I am starting from the beginning, but hopefully she'll get the message soon.

Beata

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 16:25:47 pm »
would you both be able to post your tipical daytime routines? Maybe if we see that we can help you both out.
Also do you have a set bedtime routine in place yet? Something that distingishes night sleeptime from there daytime naps?
Kimberly

Offline Beata

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 16:37:28 pm »
8 wake and bf
9 breakfast
11 sleep
12:30 (if we are lucky these days) wake, lunch and bf
3 sleep
5-6 dinner, bf
7 bottle or bf and bed

We have a bedtime routine, bath, books, bottle and sleep.

I know one of the problems might be that she often falls asleep with the last bottle or bf. I try to jostle her and wake her each time she does that.

Wake used to be earlier, but now I'll feed her when she wakes at 5:30am and she sleeps until 7:30 or 8. I am thinking I need to wake myself up and then her. But I cling to every bit of sleep I get.

She is also standing up in her crib when awake. It wakes a good hour of pd to get her to stay long enought to start to drift to sleep.

Up now after a 30 minute first nap. Thanks for any advice.

Offline Beata

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 17:09:16 pm »
Also, dd is getting at least one more tooth, maybe more, but I can't tell.

Offline sarahS

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 11:02:23 am »
We have just changed his routine and he is doing well on it.

7.00 wake up and breakfast
9.00 nap wake at about 10.30 (normally two 45min naps)
12.00 Lunch (he can happily go this long between feeds.
2.00 nap wake at about 3.30 ( two 45 min naps)
5.00 dinner
6.45 bath book cuddle and bottle asleep by 7.15.

he normally falss asleep during his last feed in my arms and i put him in the cot. he will then wake about twice during the night. by about 5.00 i normally give in and take him into our bed.

Thanks for your help.
SARAH