Author Topic: Need help with 5 months 1 week EASY routine!  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Katsimbev

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Need help with 5 months 1 week EASY routine!
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 12:19:57 pm »
So the end of the day went like this:

Tried to put down for a catnap but was unsuccessful again...Feed at 18.30 and bed at 18.45...

Then I tried a DF at 22.30 but we still had NW at 1.45-5.15 and up for the day at 6.45...

Now that I have managed to extend the feeds to 3.5(even had a 4.5 yesterday!) our remaining problem is 45 mins naps and NW which aren't too much of a problem TBH...Shall I change forum for the sleep one?...I'm not sure what to do... I have extended his A time, but he is just so Overtired all the time...

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
Re: Need help with 5 months 1 week EASY routine!
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 12:34:56 pm »
I don't think he is OT. yes, yesterday was a bit OT (because first A was a tiny bit longer resulting in a 30min nap) but the day before and all other days you posted he is UT, not having enough A and having 45min naps (which indicate UT). I am not sure what else I can advice other than increasing the A, and I don't think another sleep board will tell you any different.
On this day, for example (which is the 4th day):
9.40-Awake
11.15-Feed (very sleepy, I have to wake him up by switching side and keep talking to him...)
11.55-Sleep(car)
12.40-Awake
14.10-Feed
14.20-Asleep
It still looks like his A is too short. The A before the second nap was 2:15h and followed by an UT nap (which could be because he was in the car...) and the third A was 1:40h, which is really not enough for him.
I hear what you are saying, that he seems so tired and hard to push the A times, I have been there myself, but as long as his A times are too low for his age he is going to keep napping for 45min. That's at least my opinion.
If you are totally convinced he is OT then you can give him a couple of days to catch up on sleep, so on those days you don't look at the clock at all, just follow sleepy cues, offer as much sleep as you think he wants, let him fall asleep on the breast and AP. After those couple of days he should be more refreshed and you can start again. You can offer 2:15h A time for the WHOLE day, you'd need to stick to that, though. After 3 days you'd offer 2.5h A time for the whole day and see where you are at. If you are still getting 45min naps then you can increase it to 2:40-2:45h A time.

My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/