Author Topic: Worried about 3.5 month old...  (Read 990 times)

Offline MomofRocco

• Just can't get enough!!!
  • New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • Gorgeous!
Worried about 3.5 month old...
« on: September 09, 2006, 21:54:16 pm »
I am a 1st time Mom, so bear with me if me concerns sounds ridiculous.  Basically, I am a little worried about Rocco, for the last three days, he seems to be so tired... well, i should say, his awake time is brief, as opposed to 1-1.5hrs.  He is getting tired and VERY fussy after only 30 minutes.  The only difference is that his bedtime has been around 630 as opposed to 730 for the last few nights.  Would that throw off his routine all that much?  Also, I was concerned that he wasn't eating enough, as I had posted in a previous thread, well, today, is a whole different story...  He has had at :   
             5am-4.5oz
             815am-4.5oz
             1030am-1.5Tablespoons cereal
             1120am-6.5oz
             200pm-6.0oz

His naps have also fallen at his E time today for some reason, so he has been going to sleep with a bottle.  But, we will get back on EASY tomorrow.  Anyway, yesterday I changed bottles, from Playtex to Dr. Brown's because I thought that maybe he wasn't eating enough because it was coming out too slow.  Well, the Dr. Browns come out a little faster which may explain why he is eating more.  But... wouldn't his feedings fall farther apart if he is eating 2x as much??  He didn't even make it 3 hours between the 2 6+oz bottles.  What is going on?  And the cereal too, I thought would hold him over a bit, and it didnt.  So, why all of the fussing, eating and tiredness.  Are they normal things for a 3.5 month old???  Please let me know what you think.  Thanks in advance.

Brenda
Brenda
Rocco's Mama

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Worried about 3.5 month old...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 09:55:09 am »
Hi there sounds like classic signs of a growth spurt, you will just need to increase if feeds if he drains a bottle. It is normal for them to eat, eat, eat and sometimes get sleepy as well.

This link may explain further. https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=67976.0

HTH's
Lauren x

Offline litomi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 11:23:18 am »
Are you starting cereal at this early age? Have you checked with your doctor?
Well, my ped. told me to start cereal later because my LO's pancreas might not be fully developed yet. He suggested me to start between 5-6mo.
Won't cereal make your LO gassy?

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 11:28:06 am »
Sounds like a classic growth spurt, many babies sleep & feed more & sometimes have slowed feeding before.

Also did a health professional recommend the rice cereal, as that may also be upsetting his metabolism as his gastrointestinal system isn't really developed well enough to digest solids well & he is using up all his energy coping with the "foreign matter" that his body may not be ready for.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05