Author Topic: Struggling to cope with 45 minute naps (I'll join the queue!)  (Read 2682 times)

Offline mum72

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Struggling to cope with 45 minute naps (I'll join the queue!)
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 15:14:21 pm »
Hi Lorna,
Yes i think he is spirited! I had thought a bit of textbook too but haven't seen much evidence of that yet!
What do you use to block Eden's vision when you are out and about? I was thinking about this just yesterday. Would it be cruel to make a little baby sleeping mask?  Ha Ha - although only half joking.  It's so frustrating when I meet my friends with their little angel babies who just happily drift off when they get tired, while Angus's eyes get wider and wider and he gets more and more fidgety and tired!

Was semi successful extending his afternoon nap.  By that I mean every time I stopped patting he would stir so I kept it up for 40 mins then he woke 10 mins later.  I am delighted as until now I haven't managed to extend 2 naps in one day!!  Patting him through his second sleep cycle reminded me of the early days of shh/pat - where there would be lots of twitches and jerks and squirms and you just pray he makes it through each one without waking!

Annipooh, good luck with your lo and the 45 min naps!  It's definitely early days for me but getting him up this morning when he woke at 6 rather than make him wait until 7 for his first feed I'm sure has helped.  As SammyNik said up thread, if you start the day overtired you can only go downhill from there. I will keep this thread updated so keep an eye on it and maybe you will find something that helps you as well!
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80