Author Topic: Where am I going wrong with sleep training - it's not working.  (Read 690 times)

Offline Sparkleywoo

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Where am I going wrong with sleep training - it's not working.
« on: October 02, 2014, 06:52:11 am »
Hiya... I have posted this issue on the end of a previous post but didn't get a response and I'm really stuck...

Anyway... My 8 month old is still waking up a lot in the night. Normally 3/4 times but sometimes more. I used to BF and feed to sleep but managed to break that habit but then he seemed to get attached to cuddles instead... He was still waking up over and over. Any way I've now been working to stop cuddling him when he wakes and instead of getting him out of the cot I just lay him back down and rest a hand on him for a moment until he's calm and then stand by the cot until he's asleep. I'm making sure that he's awake when I put him to bed too... But it's not working and I'm not sure where im going wrong or what the next step is.

I tend to respond to him immediately when he wakes because my boyfriend gets really annoyed when he crys in the night because he has to work and it just normally takes a few minutes to settle him again. The problem is that he's still calling out for me regardless of the fact that he seems to be self settling. My partner wants to do cry it out which I really don't want to do but I'm running out of ammunition to say no... Even though I don't think it will work. What do I do??

I tried to change his a times as his doing a shorter forst a time than 2/3rd but this didn't work. My EASY is posted in my other post.

Really hoping you have some advice as need to g et him to stop the waking for no reason.

Oh and I do feed him in the night once - normally at about 4... This took him thought to 7 this morning.

Thanks

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Where am I going wrong with sleep training - it's not working.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 12:12:18 pm »
I see Sara has replied to your other post, so if it's ok I'll lock this one so you can continue on your other thread x