Author Topic: 5.5 month old doesn't like her cot  (Read 701 times)

kgmf123

5.5 month old doesn't like her cot
« on: March 30, 2006, 22:19:08 pm »
Hello,

My 5.5 month bf dd has been sleeping in a moses basket. She goes to bed at 7:30pm  has a df at 11:30pm and then wakes for a feed at 4am and wakes for the day at 7:30 am. I don't know whether that is 'good or bad' but I am quite happy with it (well for the time being  ;))

I literally put her in the moses basket, cover up and she goes to sleep. no problems. I tried putting her in the cot but she screamed blue murder. I have tried this several times to no avail.

I have currently resorted to putting the moses basket in the cot. She used to like being swaddled but now she has discovered her hands, she is not so keen.

Any suggestions on how I can make the transition less stressful for us both!

Kat.

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Re: 5.5 month old doesn't like her cot
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 03:03:48 am »
My thought was to start with the basket in the cot.   Have you tried putting her in the cot while wide awake during A time?   The basket is much smaller than the cot.  More snuggly.  For a while mine prefered to be sideways at one end of her bed.  Siderails at head and feet, headboard to one side of her.  Might be worth a shot.
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.