Author Topic: All confused!  (Read 978 times)

Offline 1976sarahb

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 24, 2011, 14:54:45 pm »
Just when I thought I was getting sorted! Mydd is four month and has been sleeping through the night which is fab even if she wakes she does not want to feed usually a quick shh and she's asleep.

This us great but it's made me question her feeds, she never took a df last feed is usually about 7pm then she sleeps through until 6-630 with a feed at 7am, 10am,1pm,4pm,7pm then bed at 7.30

She had 5 x 7oz feeds through the day which now puts her back on to 3hr easy when she had a night feed she was on 3.5-4hr easy as one of her 5 feeds was between 3 and 4 am with her next feed at about 8am.

Should I try to move her to four larger feeds say at 8 oz, through the day getting her to 7, 11, 3 and 7 for her feeds?

She is going through a 'sicky' phase - not poorly just a bit spewie so I'm not sure if increasing the feed may make this worse

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: All confused!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 16:38:58 pm »
I know what you mean about wanting to get her back to the 4 hour EASY, but if she is going through a spit-up phase, I would be inclined to leave well enough alone right now... maybe just increase the feeds to 7 1/2 and start moving towards the 4 hour EASY very slowly to avoid too much coming back up at you.

If you did 7 1/2 ozs each... 7am, 1030am, 2pm, 530pm and then a top up of 5 ozs at 7pm that would get you on the right path.

Offline 1976sarahb

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 18:37:35 pm »
Hi Kara,

That's a great idea, I hadn't even thought of offering different volumes of feed, you know I used to have a brain before I had a baby!!

I'm going to give it a go . . .  fingers crossed!

Thanks for the advice

Sarah x

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: All confused!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 20:15:13 pm »
No worries!  baby brain is a wonderful thing ;)

Good luck!