Author Topic: How can I break this OT cycle? I can't keep going like this!  (Read 721 times)

Offline Hollie-Mae

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How can I break this OT cycle? I can't keep going like this!
« on: March 12, 2014, 09:19:10 am »
So I've had weeks of trouble with my dd since she had a cold as she's been refusing milk feeds since. She's also teething, the first two are so desperately trying to come through but are being stubborn, so she will only take 3oz and not her normal 7 at a time. As a result our easy has gone out of the window. It's caused the first nap to be a 45 minute one no matter what I do, I've tried increasing from her normal 2 hour 45 minutes, I've tried being guided by her, but to no avail, and as a result of this the rest of the day is a wash out, then we're having cot parties all through the night. I have no help and a husband who works day and night and lives for himself only. I can't remember the last time I slept or ate and I just don't know how to keep going anymore. My hv keeps saying to ride it out until the teeth come through, but that could be months away yet!! With help from another post she's become and much more independent sleeper when she does sleep, but I just don't know how to help her get more. Most nights she ends up in bed with me as she refuses to go back to sleep once awake for a cot party and I cannot keep trying to resettle her. This only worsens the situation as I have no idea what time she is actually waking in the morning as often she is waking and going back to sleep. Please help, any ideas much appreciated xx

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: How can I break this OT cycle? I can't keep going like this!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 00:57:55 am »
Hugs hun! Teeth can throw a wrench in everything. Are you doing any form of meds or tablets? What does a "typical" day look like? Also, how old is your LO? When we had "one of those nights" around here and didn't know when to "start the day" I would just have a certain time ( age appropriate) that I just never had a nap before then, say, 9:30 or so. Keep us posted! Hang in there!

Maryn

[/url]