Author Topic: 17 week old crying before sleeping  (Read 715 times)

Offline 1sttimemamma

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« on: March 13, 2014, 22:19:08 pm »
Quick question. my 17 week old is not napping and crying/screaming. I wait a min or so, and then I go in and shh/pat/rub his chest and he immediately calms down. So, I leave the room. Then he starts crying again and I wait a min or so and go back in. Annnd repeat!!

This just went on for 45 min when I finally called it quits. He's totally happy and was so excited when I unwrapped him from the swaddle.

Up until this nap, he's fallen asleep on his own. He's swaddled. He has white noise. Never had problems like this (well, in the last few weeks). His room is not dark, but I shield his eyes from me when I'm leaning over the crib. Just today, he officially started rolling (not in his crib) from his front to his back.

So, is that how I handle that crying? Just going in every min or so and trying to soothe and leaving the room if he calms down? If I stay in the room, he starts smiling at me and giggling.

Thanks!

Offline Frostygrrl

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 12:26:39 pm »
Yes mine too. Unless I'm there sitting next to her she cries. She hates the basinet, she not down completely and cries. Do you think it's sleep regression rebound?