Author Topic: Night rolling!!  (Read 994 times)

Offline scarletts mum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Night rolling!!
« on: November 21, 2005, 18:21:14 pm »
Hi All

Does anyone have any advice for rolling at night and waking up?

Scarlett sleeps great during the day and is a real rolly polly at the moment but hasnt yet figured out how to get back.. She will roll over and sleep for quite a while on her tummy at night but then wakes up and gets all upset when she cant get back.

I have been putting rolled up towels either side of her to stop her getting completley over, but now she is getting upset because she cant move!! :roll:

Any advice gratefully recived!

Thanks
Lizzie

Offline annas mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 45
Night rolling!!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 21:19:31 pm »
Hi there
     I'm afraid its a phase they go through and you will just have to ride it out 'til it passes. Try and get her to practice as much as possible during the day until she gets the hang of it. I think there was a thread on this a while back as to how to help them position themselves , so you could try a search. I remember this phase well with my first DD - I found it so frustrating at the time as she was previously such a good sleeper and it really threw her off whilst she practiced!! Hang in there - pretty soon it repeats itself again with sitting up, pulling up and standing!!! :roll:  :wink:  :lol:

HTH
Clare (mum to anna, 2 today! and nathan 11 weeks)

Offline scarletts mum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Night rolling!!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 22:20:47 pm »
Hi

Thanks for the advice... She does get lots of practice during the day as you cant stop her rolling!! Even when she gets upset and stuck and I roll her back she just rolls straight back over again!  Will stick with the rolled up towels in the interim until she gets the hang of getting back..

:wink:

Thanks
Lizzie