Author Topic: Wanting to try wake to sleep for NWs, looking for tips or sucess stories!  (Read 1358 times)

Offline newmommykns

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hi everyone my almost 6mth old is waking 4x a night and only eating one of those wakings. He has never been consistent when it comes to nights, he did use to sleep to 5 or 6am feed and go back to sleep till 7am and around his 4mth growth spurt he was up twice to feed and never really got back to sleeping good after that. I just recently got his daytime naps sorted out again, I had to increase A and now he's back to doing better during the day, but not great with a 40-45min, 1 1/2min and 40min naps for the day. Last night he was up at 12:30, 1:30, 3 and 6am he ate at the 3am feed and the rest I had to bum pat to get back to sleep. And the night before was 11:30, 12:30, 2am and 5:30am. I feed him at 2am and the rest had to bum pat to get him back to sleep. Side note bum patting is a prop for him and I know this but I want to get the NWs sorted out before I tackle that problem! Anyways like I said I'm looking for some help in doing w2s, not sure exactly how to do it considering its not exactly the same time each night. Also just in case someone asks here is a sample of our EASY.

WU-6:30-7am
E-7am
Solids-8am
A-is around 2hrs, then 5min WD & 15-20mins sleep
S-40-45mins for 1st nap
A-until 11am
E-11am
A- 2hrs, same for WD and falling asleep
S-1 1/2 usually, wakes up after 40mins and can normally get him back to sleep with bum patting but sometimes he does stay sleeping on his own.
A-till 3am
E-3am
A-2hrs, same WD & falling asleep
S-40 mins
Solids-after he wakes up-just did this for the 1st time yesterday
A-till Bathtime
BT-6:45
E-7pm
S-Usually asleep by 8pm.
I know he is likely OT by bedtime, but doing an earlier bedtime is not possible.

Sorry for the long winded story! :)

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Wanting to try wake to sleep for NWs, looking for tips or sucess stories!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 08:26:47 am »
Hi there, sorry it has take a while to get to your post. How you going now?
I think you are doing great in using the patting to not feed at NW. We did this too and you can wean the patting easily :)

So I think your LO needs alone A time. Your first A could easily be closer to 2.5hrs. This would also likely give you a longer nap ;) I would work on extending that first nap closer to 2.5 he's A time, gradually if yor LO is touchy.

Your second A looks good maybe try 15 mins more and you may loose that 40min WU. You will find if you get good first nap that second A will need to be longer. Closer to 2.5-3 hrs.

He doe sound OT at BT, but pushing the day out a bit more so it is more balanced should help with that ;)

were you wanting to try W2S on one of the NW?
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline newmommykns

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 13:49:47 pm »
I decided to try an earlier BT this week to see if it would help, not a huge amount of difference just bathtime at 6:30 and feeding by 6:45 this way he is normally asleep by 7:30. I did try w2s two nights ago for the 12:30 wakeup and I think it worked, he woke at 1am and I had him back asleep within 5mins with bum patting. He then sleep to 4am and I feed him, he was back asleep within 20mins and then slept to 7:30. Yesterday went great his first nap was 1 1/2 which he slept through without waking up after 40mins. Second nap was 40mins but I got him back to sleep but he only stayed sleeping for another 20mins and his last nap was 45mins.

I did plan to do w2s again last night but at 10pm when I went into to check on blankets (he sleeps with them on his face) he woke up and had a major meltdown, after 25mins of screaming I feed him to calm him down he was asleep by 10:45, then slept unil 2 when I patted and he was up at 5:20 again and I feed him. He then talked and messed around in his crib for an hour before I had to go in and pat bum again to get him to sleep. So not sure how today will go now!

Just to be clear when you say to adjust A to 2.5hrs you mean he should be asleep 2.5hrs after he wakes up, not starting wind down at 2.5hrs?

Offline newmommykns

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 15:23:09 pm »
You mentioned that you had done bum patting and weaned it easily, just wondering what you did to wean your lo of the patting?

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 19:28:09 pm »
Just to be clear when you say to adjust A to 2.5hrs you mean he should be asleep 2.5hrs after he wakes up, not starting wind down at 2.5hrs?
COrrect :)

You mentioned that you had done bum patting and weaned it easily, just wondering what you did to wean your lo of the patting?
We just did it a little less until we could PD in the cot and walk away ;) He didnt always need the patting to sleep, but we would do it to calm him till he was very sleepy, then eventually it ends up being more like a few pats and pressure..then pressure then nothing.

Sorry about the late reply, I thought I replied to your other post but it obviously failed ::)
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.