Author Topic: 16 week old with new NWs  (Read 879 times)

Offline B J

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
16 week old with new NWs
« on: February 14, 2012, 16:33:22 pm »
DS2 is 16 weeks. The past few nights he's had some odd NWs that I don't think are hunger related.  It is a different cry when he wakes. It seems like it could be discomfort, so I've tried to help him get the wind out (of both ends) but nothing comes out.  If I hold him in a cradle position and pat his back he is back asleep within a minute.  He also likes shush pat so I can put him back to sleep that way as well.

I've noticed that these NWs occur about 2 hours after his night feed.

He is feeding about once between 10 pm - 12 am and another feed after that. The times vary each night, and I don't do a DF.  I only feed if it's been at least 3 hours apart.

I've started to move him towards a 4 hour routine, right now I'm aiming for 3.15 hours between feeds which he is fine with.

I've heard about a 4 month sleep regression...what happens at this time?

Offline Bex09

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 69
  • My world xx
Re: 16 week old with new NWs
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 22:24:35 pm »
The sleep issues that can happen at 4 mo are to do with a big growth spurt that LOs have around this time. It usually signals the time to change to 4 hr EASY and push A times to around 2 hrs too. What does your current EASY look like?

I notice that you have another post saying that your DS is relying on shush/pat to fall asleep. This could well be part of the problem too if he is reliant on this to get him back to sleep when he wakes in the night.