Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #27  (Read 65165 times)

Offline choc

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #27
« Reply #420 on: October 16, 2016, 14:08:17 pm »
Ah all gone wrong I think! 5 days of 2 hour naps and today 1hr. Gutted.

We don't have our monitor on but I can hear through the wall.
Gemma

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #421 on: October 16, 2016, 20:44:14 pm »
Oh no Choc, how  has he been mood wise this afternoon.

I bit the bullet Saturday and went for one nap as we had swimming at 10. He did a broken 1hr20 nap
Yesterday but was asleep for 6:15 and woke at 6:40 this morning!! Tried nap at the same time today he only did an hr and would not re settle was fine until about 5:30 so was in bed and asleep by 6:20, fxd this is just the adjustment period

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #422 on: October 17, 2016, 17:58:14 pm »
He wasn't too bad in the end. He's pretty grumpy anyway!
How's the 1 nap going johnnyha?
We were back to 2 hours again today, phew.
Gemma

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #423 on: October 17, 2016, 19:56:39 pm »
At what age do people tend to turn off their baby monitors?!

Embarrassingly, we had monitor on woth DS until he was 2.5 and only switched it off as DD had come along. We never used the monitor with DD...2nd child!
Good to hear from you ecwinters, I was wondering how you were getting on. I usually let my DD sleep as long as she wants for her nap. It seems to even out over time & I think that she sleeps longer when she needs it.  Could you try a slightly later BT if you get a longer nap? We vary from 7-7.30 depending on nap length in an attempt to get a wu of 6 at the earliest.

We are trying to stick to one 12.30 nap and a 7/7.30ish BT. DD seems to be coping with it and the 1 nap has stopped the 4am starts thankfully!
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #424 on: October 17, 2016, 20:20:23 pm »
Still shooting for one nap and it was another broken 1hr20, and sticking to a 12hr day he's coping well though, woke after 11hrs this morning and I fed him and he guzzled his milk and went back down for an hr longer albeit some was chatting then asleep, I think i may try introducing supper see if that helps but not sure what to give as I don't want him waking to poop! Or I could try switching his lunch and tea around he tends to eat most at lunch and picks at tea though

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #425 on: October 19, 2016, 11:04:32 am »
Hey ladies!
So I'm not getting 12 hour nights. Not sure if he's OT or UT

We been doing one nap straight for a week but finally did 2 naps on Sunday since he gave me a OT wake up at 5 am and he slept wonderfully. Even had a nice wake up time on Monday.

I went back to 1 nap the last two days and am getting NW and an earlier wake up of 6:30. Ugh!

this is the last 2 days:

WU 7:15
S 12:30-2 pm
S 7:20 pm

NW 10:30; 2:45; 4:50 am

WU 6:20-7:20 (dozed in and out)
S 12:45-2:30 pm
BT 7:30 pm

NW 11 pm; 1:40; 4:20

Up at 6:40 am?!

Any thoughts? Ut or OT? I'm clueless now but he's been doing these A times on one nap for awhile.

I have to push through today bcc of a music class we have but not sure if I should do a 2 nap day or push through?

Jennifer xx

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
« Reply #426 on: October 19, 2016, 16:55:52 pm »
A lot of children never do a 12hr night. How much sleep do you think he needs overall? I'd be inclined to shoot for another 1 nap day as after a while the 2-nap ones just mess things up.

We are getting a more consistent 1 nap routine now, but often he goes all day on a 40 minute nap. Anazing!!!
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #427 on: October 20, 2016, 12:07:49 pm »
Hi ladies! I've been thinking of you all.

Well,  winging it as usual here. We have had a week of constant screaming,  falling asleep in my arms and super short A times. Diagnosed with a double ear infection (both kids) , followed by vaccinations (for both kids) which resulted in 3 naps and a 13+ hour night last night. Wow,  that was very long winded.

Wu: 7.50
Nap: 11.05: 11.15-12.15
Bt: 6.05: asleep after 6.30pm

I'm trying to get back on track this weekend but I have nowhere to start. She still wants to sleep really early and sucks her thumb CONSTANTLY.

She slep almost 12 hours last night but woke grumpy and upset and fell asleep in the car at 9.30!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 23:07:53 pm by labrodyk »

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #428 on: October 21, 2016, 11:33:16 am »
MJ&N: I notice he's best when he gets around 13 hours of sleep overall.

I'm wondering if long naps have something to do with it or maybe after a long nap I put him to bed too early. Yesterday we did:

WU 7:30
S 12:30-2:45 pm
BT 8 pm

NW 11:50; 2:45; 4:40 (redosed on Motrin)

Up at 7 am.
Jennifer xx

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
« Reply #429 on: October 21, 2016, 15:04:08 pm »
So a 13hr total, if you generally get a 2hr nap, would give him a 13hr day and an 11hr night. Maybe aim for BT a bit later?

I think mine needs around 12.5hrs; his sleep needs have dropped again.
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #430 on: October 21, 2016, 22:08:41 pm »
Hi Ladies!

some of you are getting really great long naps, that's great!

I'm a bit worried about Audrey - she's been and is sick (on antibiotics), teething, separation anxiety, in a WW and learning to walk. She will NOT stop crying and whinging. Isn't happy to play at all and her tired signs are CONSTANT. she just sits and cries, yawns, rubs her eyes and has limited enjoyment in any activity. We usually keep her comforter in her cot but she now cries and cries trying to find it and will find a little tag on absolutely any toy, cushion or object (like a clothing tag...) and stop and suck her thumb and roll around on the ground almost trying to fall asleep. pretty big tired cue I thought...except that it starts after only being awake about an hour.

Any thoughts? A phase that will pass or are we in some shocking UT/OT loop? She sucks her thumb what seems like constantly. She was in the car and pram today and did not take it out once!

WU: 6 or a tad later?
Nap 1: 9.20 in my bed - 10.10. I lay her down and turned to put some clothes away. Turned back and she was asleep - literally 2 minutes. Wasn't expecting her to fall asleep!!
Nap 2: 3.30 - 4.10 when we woke her. we'd been out in the car and stroller (wouldn't nap)
BT: 7.00; definitely 8pm but not sure when..
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 09:37:36 am by labrodyk »

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #431 on: October 22, 2016, 13:25:22 pm »
Have you spoken to a health visitor (or whatever your equivalent is in Oz?) or doctor? It seems like it's not right to be so upset all the time.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #432 on: October 22, 2016, 19:28:44 pm »
Yes I did. They put it down to ear infections which we have started antibiotics for but nearly finished and she's still pretty upset :(
She cries during meals and won't eat much but then demolishes cups of milk.

I also think she is waking a LOTearlier than I expect so that by the time so get her up,  by 9am it could already be 4+ hrs A and she loses the plot. I'm not sure but I woke at 6 and she was just dozing so 10hrs ONS?

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #433 on: October 23, 2016, 05:21:13 am »
Was your day with 2 short 40 min naps typical? I know she used to go longer before first nap but EW often messes things up. If she falls asleep before 10, could you try waking her earlier e.g. After 30mins and see if that gets you an earlier, longer 2nd nap?
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #434 on: October 23, 2016, 08:33:42 am »
Nothing is typical anymore SM, I don't know what's wrong.... Today I nudged her until I couldn't nudge any more and it was HARD work. There must have been a massive amount of catching up to do because she napped from just before 10.30 until 1.20; so almost 3 hours. HOWEVER, she's woken 40 minutes or thereabouts after BT.  I PD at 6.10 and she was asleep by 6.30 (having screamed, fussed, sucked her thumb all bath etc) only to be awake at 7.20 just laying there (again, sucking her thumb!). What is she doing?  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(