Author Topic: 11 mos old still not sleeping thru the night  (Read 1037 times)

Offline IAMOM

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
11 mos old still not sleeping thru the night
« on: January 31, 2006, 03:50:21 am »
I am torn, exhausted and confused..My dd wakes up at least two times in the middle of the night.  Once because she can't find her paci and then again later to be rocked back to sleep.  When I put her to sleep I rock and walk with her and do this also for nap time.  She wakes up around 7 AM takes a 2 hour nap around 10 AM  then another 1 hour nap 3 hours later and then goes to bed around 8-8:30 PM.   I have to walk with her and give her a bottle to get to sleep.  My husband wants me to try the cry it out method and I just don't feel like I can.  I am tired all the time and feel like she should be sleeping thru the night by now.  Can anybody give me some good advice or idea's that worked for them? I would GREATLY appreciate it! 

Offline GabrielleD

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 55
  • Maryland, USA
Re: 11 mos old still not sleeping thru the night
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 10:18:10 am »
Hugs to you; not getting enough sleep sucks! DS also had a paci addiction, and didn't sleep through the night until we weaned him of it about 1 1/2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, it looks like your LO has two props that she needs to fall asleep: the paci and rocking. Ideally she should be able to fall asleep on her own (most of the time  :)). I believe Tracy recommends PU/PD to help get rid of props and teach babies to fall asleep. Best wishes.

Offline Tori's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 14:21:34 pm »
I also have an 11 month old and she will wake 1-2x a night.  She is having a bm once and the other is due to seperation anxiety.  I have not ever done the CIO method because I just don't believe in the ideas behind it.  However, the PU/PD method has worked with my DD before and is starting to work again at this stage.  She gets upset  but is assured that I am still there and that seems to settle her down faster.  If you don't have the babywhisper's newest book, I would suggest it before you try CIO.  JMHO!!
Hope this helps and good luck......I know how you feel and being a zombie is no fun! :)
Jacki
Mom to Tori   3/13/05

Offline Buffalomom

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 16:55:55 pm »
Hi.  My daughter is 10 months old and having the same issues.  I did some accidental parenting early on.  She was born early and was 4 lbs. 6 oz. when she came home. I felt like I needed to hold and be with her all the time b/c she was little.  I did have her in her crib, but by 6 months old she was hollering and waking frequently.  To get some sleep, I put her in bed with me. ( I know now...a BIG mistake) I also thought that she was hungry, so I fed her at night.  Now she naps and sleeps in my bed.  She never has slept through the night in either her crib or my bed.  I feel lucky if she wakes up only 2 times a night.  It seems like when I make progress ( meaning we get to 2 times a night), something happens, ie teething, cold.  I recently got Tracey's new book and I am hoping to begin trying the P.U./P.D. tool.  I am hoping it works. I am exhausted and beginning to feel like  I am a bad mom for not getting this sleep thing right. 

Offline stephsmith33

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 15:51:02 pm »
Hi there

I have an 11 month old who wasn't sleeping through the night about 4 weeks ago - we tried the PU/PD and it worked like a charm.  He cried the first night for about 15 minutes then settled down and slept for 8 straight hours.  We used to use a swing to rock him to sleep and would get up with him about 3 times a night, sometimes from 2 am till 4 am - we were walking zombies.  Now, he is sleeping much better - I really recommend Tracey's PU/PD - worked for us! Hang in there, you will get through it!
Steph