Author Topic: Fitting in that last E before bed?  (Read 814 times)

Offline ellej

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 21, 2007, 10:56:59 am »
Hi all,
I am new to the boards tho' I have 'The Baby Whisperer' book + have been doing my best to follow the EASY routine since my son was born.

He is now just about to turn 8 months and we are doing well, he is (I think) a textbook baby, he's taken well to solids + eats 3 times a day but... he will not take that last bf before bed.  My question is, is that important? He is thriving but even for my own milk supply I would like him to take it.

Since he has become established on solids, he is taking much less breastmilk anyway but always takes the 1st feed of the day + then usually will take 2 other feeds (tho' often very little) His nappies are wet so am not worried but would really like to fit in that last bf before bed.

He has just started to sleep thro the night this last week. Before that he would wake around 3\4am for a bf - which I put down to his not feeding before bed - however now he is able to skip that feed, he will wake once + maybe twice during the night but the soother puts him back to sleep so he obviously isn't that thirsty.

His schedule is pretty much the same as those posted on the 6-12 month EASY sticky post, he goes 4 hours between feeds + takes bf before each meal. What do you think? as I say, he is happy + thriving so maybe I shouldn't focus on this and assume he is getting enough fluids but if anyone has any idea on how to tweak our routine to fit in this feed, I would appreciate it :) Thanx!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 12:23:06 pm by ellej »

Offline Sylvia.

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 232
Re: Fitting in that last E before bed!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 11:08:04 am »
hello and welcome, my dd2 is nearly 8 months as well, how time flies, my dd2 is doing a similar thing, makes me nervous, i do no night feed, first morning feed is no earlier than 7am, i am thinking it might be time to loose a feed durning the day so that she wants the last bf, hope you get heaps of relies, sylvia

Offline ellej

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 11:33:40 am »
Thanks Sylvia, I hope we get lots of replies also! It's reassuring to know that someone else is having the same issue at least ;)

Was thinking (after I posted, always a good time to think!) I probably should also say that I have tried giving ds expressed milk, formula + water (um, not all together of course!) from a bottle just before bed + he won't take these either. Have only tried twice so should maybe persevere but I get the impression he just doesn't want anything. Also, tried him (admittedly only once + about 2 weeks ago) with a sippy cup + it was too much for him, he's not sitting up by himself yet.