Author Topic: Not sure how much longer we can go on like this... help, please!  (Read 2872 times)

Offline nona

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 95
Re: Not sure how much longer we can go on like this... help, please!
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 22:45:03 pm »
You are just tired  - BTDT

why does he go to bed so early?

do you do set naps and bedtime or does it change everyday depending on when he naps? i mean it just gets so complicated trying to figure out A times & adjusting naps then you have to deal with 2 other kids schedules as well

i'm sorta thinking getting rid of the night feeds will help a lot....my DS finally STTN when i was sick one weekend and my DH took over the night shift w/ a bottle and he could care less (or my DH didn't hear DS wake up). regardless, he STTN ever since....
heather

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2014, 13:42:28 pm »
Katie I agree with Kayra, I think 2.5h is too short even after a 30 min nap.  If his morning A is up to 4h I would be going for 3-3.5 after a short nap.  Just thinking there are some similarities with what B is doing right now - you are right that C is almost certainly overall OT but I think it's probably UT at the root of it.

Offline nona

• Showing Appreciation 95
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2014, 20:10:41 pm »
wanted to add to my earlier post that my DS was 8 months old when he started STTN. (my DD was 5 months - she was/is easier to put to bed than my DS).
heather

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2014, 06:13:56 am »
Ok, I can try the longer A time, thanks. It seems so long for him to go on only 30min of sleep, but anything is worth a shot!

why does he go to bed so early?
Because he's pretty much totally done by 6pm and it doesn't help his nights to keep him up any later. :-\

do you do set naps and bedtime or does it change everyday depending on when he naps? i mean it just gets so complicated trying to figure out A times & adjusting naps then you have to deal with 2 other kids schedules as well
Yeah, I clearly have never figured out the right A times for him. ::) I have tried set naps, but was a little afraid of what's happening now (that with the wrong times I would have trouble getting him down), so went with the 9:30/10 and 12:30/1 times and hoped the second one would lengthen at some point (generally, he was going down pretty well at those times until the last week or so). BT works best with the other two around 6:30 (7 at the latest), but with the two short naps, he can't really make it past 6. I know... it's a mess. :P Maybe I should stick to set naps, but just choose different times? ??? I'm honestly lost right now!

In good news, he's only had two NFs the last two nights and is settling much faster when I don't feed (5/10/15min... pretty good for a baby who's teething, I'd say). He's made it til 11:30-12am for 3 nights in a row. Now, if he could stop the other wake-ups, we'd really be doing well. Do you think that's feasible even when he goes to bed OT most days?

Offline shresmummy

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2014, 11:56:00 am »
Hi Hun, so sorry I didn't see this post till now..or I'd have popped on sooner to give you a big hug!,, I hear you on the relationship with the other two issue. Today I just lost it at all three of them mad I have spent the entire evening feeling guilty :((( it's just so hard isn't it? And I'm terrible at it. But yiu know what I've been telling myself the past week or so.. If we've tried everything and nothing seems to help it's probably something that will have to pass on its own and take it's course. I wonder if there's a 8/9 mo sleep regression? That's what I'm telling myself at least! Your past few nights seem good! I  don't have any advice for you unfortunately Hun as I'm totally out of ideas as you know! But I'll tell yiu what we've Ben doing if that will help at all? I've sort of been aiming for 1 long nap ((9:45-11:15) then (2:45/3-3:45) and bt at 6:45. Now the problem I face is to repeat this routine but out of the ergo carrier!! Hugs Hun..hope yiu had another good night..

Offline kayra

• Showing Appreciation 60
  • 2 for 1!!
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2014, 12:14:42 pm »
I've been thinking of you Katie ( but couldn't find the thread ::) ) how are things?

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline katie80

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2014, 20:35:36 pm »
Thanks for checking... I've been meaning to get back here with a few days of EAS, but never seem to do it. Things are going better and I feel like we're kind of close to getting it figured out, but I need a little help, please.

Here's what the last few days have looked like...

Tuesday
Wake 5:45am
Nap 1 9:20-10:05am (did w2s at 24min, and he slept past 30min; wasn't meaning to get him down so early, though)
Nap 2 1:15-1:40 (tried w2s at 24min again, but he woke up! tried to resettle for 20min and he was really close, laid down several times and looked like he was going back, but just couldn't... UT or OT?)
BT 6:30pm (too late, but ate dinneer at my parents' and that's the best I could do)

Wednesday
Wake 5:30am :(
Nap 1 9:20-10:20am (did w2s at 24min, woke at 30min and I was able to resettle)
Nap 2 2:00-2:30pm (didn't try to resettle)
BT 5:30/45ish

Thursday
Wake 6:45am
Nap 1 10:45-11:45am in car
Nap 2 3:30-4:00pm (couldn't do any earlier because of school pick-up)
BT 6:45pm

Friday
Wake 6:50/55ish (not really sure)
Nap 1 10:55-12:05pm (he slept through! no w2s or resettling)
Nap 2 will likely be 3:30ish again

So, do I stay at 4hr A for a couple days and if the nap doesn't get longer, push to 4:10/15? The best news is I'm not really having to do any PD anymore.  He's either almost all the way asleep when I put him down or he just rolls over and nods off.  I would really like to be able to get one full nap though, as he still seems quite tired and cranky on what he's getting, but maybe that's just the OT catching up with him. :-\

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2014, 21:04:31 pm »
There's defintiely improvement there :) look at how those wu times have changed, wonderful! Also wonderful that he's settling nicely, it's so freeing when you can just put them down and go out the room!
Since 4hr seems to be working i would stay with it for a while, till it stops working in a sense. It seems that having that shorter a before bed has helped him so I wouldn't think he's ready for just 1 nap yet (if that's what you meant).
How are the nights going?

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline katie80

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2014, 00:58:01 am »
No, I don't think he's ready for one nap either, but I'd like it if one of them was a full 2 sleep cycles. I'll keep at 4hr and see what happens. Of course, now he's running a temp for almost 24hr and seems not well, so we'll have to play it by ear a little. :-\

Nights going pretty well, thanks. Two feeds still, but can't cut another one just yet. Often one other waking as well, but pretty easily settled. Now, I just have to get myself to sleep earlier. ::) December is a hard month for that!! :P

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2014, 18:59:57 pm »
Ugh I know, after an exhausting day the logical thing is to go to bed early but I just want to stay up and enjoy my alone time all the more which I always regret during the night or in the morning ::)

Like you said if he's ill you just have to wing it, hope it doesn't last too long!

Angel, April 2011

Offline shresmummy

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2014, 08:50:59 am »
Hope he's feeling better xx